Just got a Eurotek Pro for my girlfriend..any tips?

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
Hi out there...I'm a faithful tesoro user...but I just got a Eurotek pro for my girlfriend. She wanted something with a readout so she could understand what she's digging. Price was also a consideration so we got the pro for its features to cost ratio. It seems to work pretty well found a few clad..but it seems a bit chatty. I read some reviews that the soil in montana would make this detector unusable..(of course I found this after it arrived) Is the gb adjustable inside the unit? Any other tips would be appreciated...and happy hunting :)

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
Hi out there...I'm a faithful tesoro user...but I just got a Eurotek pro for my girlfriend. She wanted something with a readout so she could understand what she's digging. Price was also a consideration so we got the pro for its features to cost ratio. It seems to work pretty well found a few clad..but it seems a bit chatty. I read some reviews that the soil in montana would make this detector unusable..(of course I found this after it arrived) Is the gb adjustable inside the unit? Any other tips would be appreciated...and happy hunting :)

I think she is getting used to it...and I think this detector works great in montana...she found lots of clad today and is getting a feel for it. Initially I was worried about the gb..but it seems to be handling the ground just fine. We brought the sensitivity down a bit...

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us posted on how it does. Kind of thinking about one for a backup and buddy machine. :hello:

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
The discrimination is fantastic..we hunted a pretty junky park today and the Eurotek cut all of it out..we were also in a highly mineralized area..she pulled a dozen pennies and a 1965 quarter out from amidst the pull tabs and hot rocks...which my tesoro gives a coin signal on lol...I will continue to update this post as the Eurotek is put through its paces. I still would not trade my Tesoro for it...but the Eurotek is a nice little detector....

drbugsmn

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The discrimination is fantastic..we hunted a pretty junky park today and the Eurotek cut all of it out..we were also in a highly mineralized area..she pulled a dozen pennies and a 1965 quarter out from amidst the pull tabs and hot rocks...which my tesoro gives a coin signal on lol...I will continue to update this post as the Eurotek is put through its paces. I still would not trade my Tesoro for it...but the Eurotek is a nice little detector....

Which coil does it have? Looking forward to hearing more about how it works. Tx!

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
Which coil does it have? Looking forward to hearing more about how it works. Tx!

It has the 11" coil...we tried another park today...this time the eurotek had issues with the ground...which were quickly remedied by lowering sensitivity. It seems to do alright. Im tempted to mess with the internal control...does anyone know how to do this? This detector does take some time to master as well..alot of junk today

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
torreya
look up the user name on here "Woof"on here,he`t the Chef Detector guy at First Texas shoot him a PM...he will probley tell you not to mess with the inside .
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
Yeah..ill take your word on that guys...don't want to screw it up

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
So I spent some time by myself with the Eurotek today...it worked fine. I am in south central montana...fairly high mineral content in the soil here. I went to a soccer field and gave it a few swings..I found a penny at about 6"...and a quarter at about 4"...both signals were clear and repeatable. The penny showed a 78 and the quarter a 90. Something about this detector....only solid repeatable signals are digable...it may show a 90...but if it cuts out or the numbers jump around..its probably junk. Also had some rough mineralized ground the other day...I just turned down the sensitivity. This comes at a price...depth. Still pulled some clad though. I'm happy with this purchase.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the Eurotek Pro and I bought it just out of curiosity. It was, as the name implies, made for the less iron-content soil found in most of Europe. I own around 30 metal detectors and used to work in designing and reparing them. My best advice would be for you to find a Tesoro Compadre (I bought one used for $25) and let her use it. It is MUCH, MUCH easier to use, better balanced, lighter, not as top-heavy, runs quieter and smoother, discriminates better, and handles bad ground better than the EP. In (our) soil the depth is about the same, with the EP doing about 1/2" better than the Compadre as regards to scrap or large iron, and the Compadre doing better searching for small gold jewelry and tiny gold nuggets. I've tested them both side-by-side. Hope this helps. LL

OP
OP
torreya

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
I have the Eurotek Pro and I bought it just out of curiosity. It was, as the name implies, made for the less iron-content soil found in most of Europe. I own around 30 metal detectors and used to work in designing and reparing them. My best advice would be for you to find a Tesoro Compadre (I bought one used for $25) and let her use it. It is MUCH, MUCH easier to use, better balanced, lighter, not as top-heavy, runs quieter and smoother, discriminates better, and handles bad ground better than the EP. In (our) soil the depth is about the same, with the EP doing about 1/2" better than the Compadre as regards to scrap or large iron, and the Compadre doing better searching for small gold jewelry and tiny gold nuggets. I've tested them both side-by-side. Hope this helps. LL

Thanks for the reply LuckyLarry...I think I may just do that...the Eurotek is a decent detector...but can't compare to my first generation tesoro Bandido...and its alot older..Tesoro makes a great machine and I've heard the Compadre is a good entry level unit...just gotta get my gf to accept the screenless thing..lol..Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread