Took the Omega To a Cabin site

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is Deer Season here here N.Y cold and snowing 28 degrees.
So i dressed in Blaze Orange, bagged the Omega and walked in to the woods behind my house 3/4 mile to an old cabin site i recently found...it`s not on my 1860 map.
I like to hunt with the Omega and the 11" DD coil sens. 99 in all metal it has the sweetest sounding threshold a joy to listen to... ID numbers come up in all metal...no EMI problems here in the stix.
First target old spoon ID 70 i knew it was long from the wrap around sound beep at each end.
Then an old brass buckle 7" down then a toy truck...what i thought was a bridal rosette,maybe not has different back.
A 1805 Draped Bust LC kinda toasted a at 9".. 92 ID, a small wood splitting wedge...a hand forged copper hook a second buckle and a 1905 S Barber Dime at 8"
Wood chuck pushed the Ink Bottle out on the ground partly buried.
Been searching for an old French Trading Post back in there for years, A Cornell Professor was looking/telling me about 20 years ago ...but this site was en`t it .got some junk too
Gary
Picture 41.jpg Picture 42.jpg Picture 43.jpg Picture 44.jpg Picture 45.jpg Picture 46.jpg Picture 50.jpg Picture 47.jpg Picture 51.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 85.jpg
    Picture 85.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool, Gary. interesting finds from a productive site. I should work on all metal mode more. I have a question too which you may be able to answer---
When in disc mode then you pinpoint is the tone intensity still discriminating at the disc setting you put it in or like in all metal? I need to pay more attention to the ID on the display which probably tells you that.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....... great hunt Gary:hello:

MagSlider

Dec 4, 2012
KC Area, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 11DD; Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary... forgot to mention this before. Thanks for posting what each target ID'd. As I'm still learning the Omega, having this information is very helpful. Very much appreciated.

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! If only that toy truck could talk! Love seeing this stuff! WTG!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might not be the trading post you were looking for, but with those finds it sure looks like a good site to keep pounding! Large coppers are always a welcome site in the dirt- congrats!

But the deer hunters might be mad if you are digging during the season... I know around here you might not get shot, but you sure might get a warning shot buzzing nearby if you interupted someone's hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions