OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's it..! sent the T2 back they did not replace it like they said they would. I did not like the speaker by the elbow either, not a good place to put it especially after my teknetics headphones stop working after a few weeks! they promised to replace it if they found something wrong with it. well, it only took one day and they completely went out. i don't think they even bothered to look at it. I decided to go with the AT Gold. it should be here by wednesday… yeah buddy!

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well sorry to hear that like to see at gold in action good luck with ur new machine

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your sayin you bought the T2 brand new just awhile back and they won't fix it? Something doesn't add up!! Anyway, hope you have more luck with the ATgold then I did. I just traded my because it couldn't find anything after a T2 went through a place. It felt cheap aswell!! NO more garrett's for THIS GUY!!!!!! HH...

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was told by the place I bought it that they would swap it for a new one but since I live close to the company that it would be better to take it to them instead of shipping it back. They would replace it with a new one since it came out defective. Took it to Teknetics and after leaving it there for them to test it I was told they would replace it with a new one along with a new pair of head phones. Did not happen! I was told that the mother board was replaced and that they could not find anything wrong with the head phones. Took it for a test run and the head phones failed. I opened the ear piece and found the wires twisted inside with one disconnected, so I even doubt they even looked at the head phones let alone take them out of the box! After that I made my mind to send the T2 back. Something about the speaker at the elbow and Mickey Mouse sound. My buddy's G2 and my Delta scream compared to the toy speaker on the T2. I tried liking it but it was hard after one thing and another went wrong. It started chattering, numbers started going all over the place and speaker went out. I'm sure it's a good machine but to be my first high end and expensive machine and then go bad just didn't cut it for me. I hope I made the right choice with the AT Gold. Not to knock on the T2 es ltd, I did find a lot of liberty V nickels from 1892- 1911, but for Teknetics to say one thing and then do another was the final straw. I would've kept it if they had just swapped it out!

Hey Jimzz...! Getting my AT gold on Wednesday planing Oro trip on Saturday. Hopefully it was the right choice if not I'll have to wait till next bday lol.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread