T2 ES LTD or ATPro/Gold???

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just received my metal detector for my B-day, but it was the wrong one. The wife got me the Teknetics T2 ES LTD instead of the Garrett AT Pro/ Gold. Just need some advice if i should keep it or swap it out? Took it for a test run with the 5" coil and was not impressed. Tested it on some silver coins i found with my Delta but for some reason it jumps all around and never gives me the same ID number... Bought the coil covers from the factory which is literary 5 miles fro where i live.

These are some of my best finds from the last couple of moths with the Delta....

image-3646168827.png

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your wife did you a favor. What kind of site did you try it out on? What settings were you using? I hunt with two guys with atp and one with an atg, the t2 seems deeper by a good bit to me and my buddies. There are quite a few good videos on youtube that show how to get the most out of your t2. It might grow on you.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About the only way to be truly convinced is to test them side by side. I have a T2 SE and doubt you will find it's rival for depth and iron trash unless you are willing to spend WAY more money. If it isn't what you want I certainly don't think you will be disappointed with the Garrett. I have no experience with the AT Pro/Gold but can't imagine you not being satisfied with the T2 if you give it a chance and try not to run it too hot at first. Best of luck on your decision:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys! I'm still trying to learn the machine. I ran it on discrimination at about 39, sensitivity at 90 and tone 3. Used it in an old dump which dates back to the early 20's and no later the 1950. I used the 5" coil and could not for the life of me find anything good. The ID was jumping all over and would not maintain a steady tone. My buddy was using his G2 and 11" coil and found at least 3 Mexican coins one silver and a buffalo... I was left a little discourage. I've done better with my Delta. Just this past weekend we hit Orogrande New Mexico and i found 2. V nickels 1905-1906 while he found an old plate/ badge with a Pat. 12.15.08 which we could not find on the web. Maybe i had a bad day who knows...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know several guys who use and love the T2.....I have the ATPro and love it aswell. I think either will do you well if given a chance...

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2SE is extremely sensitive. A new user should crank the sensitivity down to stabilize the ID. I'd run it at no more than 65 Sensitivity for the first few hunts. Give it some time, it's a deep seeking relic machine.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be starting to click I saw the garrett thread where you made some nice finds. Did you stay with settings you were running before or change it up?

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I changed the frequency to 2 that was part of the problem. The other thing i don't like is the volume is too low either that or I'm going deaf lol

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's strange about the volume. When cranked up mine will knock your eardrums out. I can tell you that mine drove me crazy at first. But part of it was because I was close to my house and the emi was terrible. When I got out to some old sites in the woods that thing killed it for me. I found two 1700s coins in the first couple of months and never looked back. I either hunt with my disc down around 8 or up at 50. It seems like those numbers in the 20s and 30s lose you a bit of depth. Just my personal observation. I only have a couple sites that I crank mine up to 88-90 sens. Just listen to the machine and if it's chattery turn down the sens a bit. This thing is very deep. Can I ask where your wife got the machine? That whole volume thing is a bit odd to me. Just hoping it's not one of the fakes, Abe

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw please don't be upset by me asking that question. It's a huge problem that's happened to a lot of people. Good luck

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No its okay she got from metaldetector.com...

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hope you give it a chance, I think you would be very happy and successful with it once it starts to click for you. Good luck out there buddy whatever you choose to do

Zebco

Sep 11, 2012
Eastern,N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-SE---Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are using headphones turn volumn all the way up on power knob and keep a check on it as you will turn it down accidentally every now and then.Dont forget to use the quickgrab ground balance and try sens 75-disc 10-tone 2+ these are pretty good settings unless there is a lot of junk,give it some time and you will come to love the T2SE as we generally eat up the AT's.

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys...! I decided to keep it the only problem I have is the volume is to low without the headphones. While my buddy's G2 screams at him min just yelps! I've been using it in an old dump which has a lot of trash. I get a lot of faint signals and no strong tones as my Delta 4000. I almost regret keeping it if not for the fact that I've yet to test it at a park. This is what I fished today at my honey hole. The Indian head (1889) at 3", silver rosy (1948) on top and so on...
I've yet to fish anything older than 1953. Earliest 1889 oldest 1953. Again, this is an old dump site from the early 20's to 1950's
image-2894076343.jpg

image-3793474280.jpg

image-2585081272.jpg

image-971997347.jpg

image-3825069853.jpg

image-3528013033.jpg

image-2812494472.jpg

image-3712121451.jpg

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at park around 7ins deep using my T2

image-525830320.jpg

image-291680035.jpg

Happy with mine T2

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! How old a

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! How old are the parks in your area?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flores, which headphones are you using? Some machines work with mon, others require stereo input. Higher end detector headphones have a switch or button to change them. I know when I use my Gray Ghosts, they take a different switch setting to bring the audio to normal volume.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The park in old Mesilla is from late 1800 other parks are from 1900 , it's old park of a necklace I thing and stone was a pink sapphire I using my machine at all metal at 70 sen came at as foil

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The park in old Mesilla is from late 1800 other parks are from 1900 , it's old park of a necklace I thing and stone was a pink sapphire I using my machine at all metal at 70 sen came at as foil
Nice! I'm getting discouraged by the volume on this machine, for some reason it's too low!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions