T2 SE or xterra 705

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
im Thinking of adding another detector to my list and have narrowed the list to these two......would really love to hear from someone who has used both and can give an unbiased opinion....Thank you barry

I can't say I've used them both, but from what I've gathered the t2 is the way to go. More sensitive to small targets than the minelab and incredibly deep, especially in boost mode. I've also heard it has good balance and very good separation.

Corlett

Jan 22, 2014
Manchester
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special edition
Whites Dual field P.I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the X terra 505 and it was a good machine, you have to be slow and low though..
I have the T 2 SE and it is by far a better deeper machine.. Yhe Visual Id though can jump but generally at a good depth, normally exceeding other detectors capacity, I have dug some jumpy signals but they just sounded right and hit very old finds. A bronze Roman sesterius 177 AD at 8 Inches, as well as a handfull of other coins, I had allready hammered that site with an Ace 25o with a SEF coil, Xterra 505 and a G 2, but the T 2 still produces, I think you will be hard pushed to find a deeper VLF machine.
I run mine at 70/80 sensitivity only 04 Discrimination, and 2+ tones...
As it is proven fact, discrimination kills depth and because in 2+ tones the detector will give a dual tone signal, gront on iron & squeek on non ferrous, there is practically no need to run it with high discrimination.
I use an Ultimate 33 Detech double D coil on mine.
Yes the signal sometines is a little jmpy and the machine is a little chatty, but I prefer a machine that fnds signals beyond the majority of the others, jumpy or not, it does pick up signals others just don´t..

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and prefer the t2. The 705 has way more features and settings but seems slower and not as deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread