My new t2 se was delivered today!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new detector. They are light, but pack quite the punch!

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Got my new machine today. Man! This thing is friggin light! Awesome! I could probably swing this thing for hours without losing the feeling in my arm!

No "probably" about it, Mr. B., and it's not an accident either. The T2 mechanical design (used also by the F75) was the first, and is still the only, scientifically ergonomically engineered metal detector design in the entire industry. The ergonomic parameters are published in the product specifications. You haven't seen this on any other metal detector because it doesn't exist for any other metal detector.

--Dave J.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No "probably" about it, Mr. B., and it's not an accident either. The T2 mechanical design (used also by the F75) was the first, and is still the only, scientifically ergonomically engineered metal detector design in the entire industry. The ergonomic parameters are published in the product specifications. You haven't seen this on any other metal detector because it doesn't exist for any other metal detector.

--Dave J.
Incredible job on the design of this machine,light as a feather! It just feels good to me. A lot of hardcore Nautilus users like me are switching over to this machine, mostly due to quality and service issues with the current owners of Nautilus. Sure wished I had done this sooner! Anyways, can't wait to get this thing out in field!

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my new machine today. Man! This thing is friggin light! Awesome! I could probably swing this thing for hours without losing the feeling in my arm!

Err, I'm jealous

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
If you put it on a scale, it's not "light as a feather", in fact it weighs more than a lot of machines out there. When you pick it up and start swinging it, that's when it becomes "light as a feather". Especially if you use it as intended, with the searchcoil level with the ground about 6-12 inches in front of your toes (and you aren't wearing steel-toed boots, right?). Swinging at a natural rhythm, not trying to cover an acre in 15 minutes. The response characteristics of the electronics and standard searchcoil and the software signal processing are tuned to the mechanical resonances of the mechanical package. Minimum effort and maximum beep going together.

Scientifically engineered ergonomics. It didn't happen by accident.

A bit of background: the overwhelming majority of metal detector mechanical designs are based primarily on stuff the manufacturer already has kicking around. Makes it easier to build prototypes and cuts the cost of tooling. Since the T2 package was introduced approx. 2007, we've done a lot of new mechanical packages, some of which have darn good ergonomics. But they are just "good designs" based in large part on things we could do using stuff we already had. We don't publish ergonomic spex.

True "blank slate" designs are very expensive, and therefore not very common in this industry. The T2 was a "blank slate" design. That's what made it possible to put ergonomics at the top of the objectives of the mechanical design.

The other thing was knowing how to pursue that objective scientifically. Anyone can pick up a T2 and see that the design intent was achieved. And I'm quite sure our competitors have done that! The missing ingredient is that even with a T2 in their hands, they don't know what makes the design work, and therefore they cannot do the same thing themselves with their own designs.

The irony is that we publish the parameters, and our competitors are still not so much as even pretending to play that game!

--Dave J.

Dear fellow forum denizens: a slight apology for the over-the-top gloat. It's just that Mr. B's "light-as-a-feather" statement pulled me back 8 years where it all started, and reminded me how vindicated we've been on that revolutionary new mechanical design.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you put it on a scale, it's not "light as a feather", in fact it weighs more than a lot of machines out there. When you pick it up and start swinging it, that's when it becomes "light as a feather". Especially if you use it as intended, with the searchcoil level with the ground about 6-12 inches in front of your toes (and you aren't wearing steel-toed boots, right?). Swinging at a natural rhythm, not trying to cover an acre in 15 minutes. The response characteristics of the electronics and standard searchcoil and the software signal processing are tuned to the mechanical resonances of the mechanical package. Minimum effort and maximum beep going together.

Scientifically engineered ergonomics. It didn't happen by accident.

A bit of background: the overwhelming majority of metal detector mechanical designs are based primarily on stuff the manufacturer already has kicking around. Makes it easier to build prototypes and cuts the cost of tooling. Since the T2 package was introduced approx. 2007, we've done a lot of new mechanical packages, some of which have darn good ergonomics. But they are just "good designs" based in large part on things we could do using stuff we already had. We don't publish ergonomic spex.

True "blank slate" designs are very expensive, and therefore not very common in this industry. The T2 was a "blank slate" design. That's what made it possible to put ergonomics at the top of the objectives of the mechanical design.

The other thing was knowing how to pursue that objective scientifically. Anyone can pick up a T2 and see that the design intent was achieved. And I'm quite sure our competitors have done that! The missing ingredient is that even with a T2 in their hands, they don't know what makes the design work, and therefore they cannot do the same thing themselves with their own designs.

The irony is that we publish the parameters, and our competitors are still not so much as even pretending to play that game!

--Dave J.

Dear fellow forum denizens: a slight apology for the over-the-top gloat. It's just that Mr. B's "light-as-a-feather" statement pulled me back 8 years where it all started, and reminded me how vindicated we've been on that revolutionary new mechanical design.
No apology needed, for me anyways. What you guys have done with this machine is fantastic! Years of abuse on my arms working in a body shop has taken its toll. After 30 mins. of swinging my old machine, and even some of the other new ones out there, I would literally lose feeling in my right arm. I swung this machine yesterday for about 1 hr. between rain showers and had no loss of feeling or trembling hands. This machine has given "new life" to my obsession with this hobby which was fast becoming a painful chore! THANK YOU! ** mr.b

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mr.b, I have a T2 SE and just can't imagine a better all around machine. Take a little time to get used to it and I bet you will love it.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to fall in love with this machine. I don't know all of the science behind it, but whoever was involved in designing and producing this thing should be very very proud of what they accomplished

Zebco

Sep 11, 2012
Eastern,N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-SE---Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will really enjoy this fine piece of equipment.Carry an extra set of batteries as I do and when you start to see a drop in battery life to 1/2 scale go ahead and replace them.It will take a while to use up the power but better to be prepared then not.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will really enjoy this fine piece of equipment.Carry an extra set of batteries as I do and when you start to see a drop in battery life to 1/2 scale go ahead and replace them.It will take a while to use up the power but better to be prepared then not.
Thanks Zebco, I've been out on plenty of hunts where I've had to leave and go to the nearest gas station to get overpriced batteries! Oh, by the way, where in E.N.C. are you from?

Zebco

Sep 11, 2012
Eastern,N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-SE---Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dover, or to make it easier Kinston

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dover, or to make it easier Kinston
I'm in New Bern. Did a lot of hunting in Wyse fork years ago. Lots of good stuff in Lenoir Co. Got a very good friend that has a tree farm in Deep Run. Maybe i'll cross paths with you in the future!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great info here. No Doubt the T2 SE is a VERY VERY impressive detector!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

--Dave J.
So then is the T2 and F70 & F75 all the same design ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread