fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting ready to pick up a new T2 package and was wonderin how much use does the 5" really get. I'm hopin it will slice through the iron at some of my sites. Do any of you run it in boost? Let me know, THANX..... HH

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to put into words how awesome the little coil is. Make a test garden and the depth will shock you. 8+ inches on a dime in my mineralized Tenn ground with loud and clear audio and good VDI lock. That is with good stable settings. Less susceptible to EMI, better in trash and so light it should be against the law. It looks so tiny that you will think it near impossible to cover ground but it will turn up as much as the big one in an hour's hunt and go in places the big one can't. It is not the coil for open clean ground but in the trash or undergrowth it is the berries. :icon_thumleft:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the 5" DD coil on yards and around old cellar holes gets in between the iron and picks up the good targets like a laser..no need to pinpoint.less EMI
ya its a great deep coil.
Gary

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!! Thanx guys!!! I'm really lookin forward to usin it.. HH.....

Charlesp54

Oct 31, 2012
Hernando Ms / Memphis Tn
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Propointer, 11" DD Coil, 5" DD Coil, 8" Concentric Coil, BH Tracker 4, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a site that is so trashy that I was not able to hunt it at all with my big coil. I purchased a 5" coil just for that spot. The ground here has just dried enough for me to drive to thr site so I plan to give it a test run this weekend. I will update you on the results. I hit the site with my 11"DD and my 8" concentric but there was just so much trash that I gave up.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most guys love the 5" coil... Don't let the size fool ya - it is surprisingly deep and the separation is outstanding. :thumbsup:

Razr

Oct 4, 2008
Oregon Dunes
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Whites TDI,T2 SE, Tesoro Cortez.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have really small hot rocks here and the little coil is the way to go for that type of mdn. I am getting to also like running in metal mode only due to the responses, reading the FE meter gives a good outlook on the type of target.To me seems to be better and faster responses. jmo

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the package and it sounds like I won't be doin any field testin for awhile ( mother nature ugg ) but doin some airtest and WOW!!!!!!! This thing is MEAN!! The #'s I'm getting are crazy good and in boost they're out of this world.. I'm droolin with excitement to get this thing in the field!!! You all were spot on!!! MANY THANX!!!! HH...

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
I have been using the 8 inch con. on my gamma and have been eyeballing the 5 inch coil. I elected to go to a 5.5 x 9.5 DD nels coil instead. Nels also make a 5 inch that is getting good reviews, but so is the 5.5 x 9.5. Frankly they look to be a better quality than the tek coils at a cheaper price. Time will tell. HH Cal

Charlesp54

Oct 31, 2012
Hernando Ms / Memphis Tn
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Propointer, 11" DD Coil, 5" DD Coil, 8" Concentric Coil, BH Tracker 4, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out with my 5" coil this weekendand it works great. The area that I went to was full of trash but the small coil really made things better. I didn't find anything worth talking about but I was able to pick out seperate targets among the trash. I dug several pop tops in the 5" range which I think is good for a small coil.

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The five inch coil on the T2 is awesome. That's all I have to say about that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread