Eurotek Pro Review- from a newbie

DigDug1

Jan 16, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Teknetiics Eurotek Pro , Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked a seasoned metal detectorist friend of mine for advise on a detector that i could buy for around $250. He told me that he had not used one, but heard great things about the Eurotek Pro. I did some Internet searching and every review that I could find was positive about this little machine. Well I bought the Eurotek Pro this weekend and I am a happy person indeed. My two metal detectorist friends met me at the MD shop to go on a hunt after I bought my machine. I have a total of 3 months of experience metal detecting but both of the guys I was with had over 20 years expereince each. I really didnt expect to keep up with them and their AT Pro's and their expereince, but was I ever surprised at the end of the day. Myt clad total was higher than both of the guys I was with. :headbang:We found other cool stuff as well as the clad. I love the machine and how simple it is to use. The VDI was spot on and the depth indicator was pretty close on all of the targets that I chose to dig. I also like that the unit is so very light. I used the volume control setting at 11 to soften the iron tones. With the soil being saturated from the recent rain, I did have to turn the sensitivity down very low to keep from going too deep. I had the sensitivity set on 3 and I did dig a dime at 9 inches. Both of the guys that were with me now want a Eurotek Pro to add to their collections because of the performance and weight of the unit. I would recommend the ETP to anyone that wants a good machine that will not empty the piggy bank. Now it is time to relic hunt with it to see how it does. :hello2:

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know how it does in the relic department.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice field report!!! I'm thinkin of getting my boys one. Sounds and looks like a great machine for the price!! HH...

kg4cna

Feb 21, 2014
Opp, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got an Alpha 2000...but want to upgrade as soon as I can and the ETP is my choice! Thanks for the review :)

Allen

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
I've got an Alpha 2000...but want to upgrade as soon as I can and the ETP is my choice! Thanks for the review :) Allen
can't say enough about the ETP the only other machine that was a detector that I fell in love with was the shadow x2 so it took that long to find one, I will master it's strengths and weaknesses and quirks and will not use any other detector onty that one, put the 5x10 ellipitcal coil on it and it comes really alive!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
D

DigDug1

Jan 16, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I took the ETP out to a group hunt over the weekend. The location was an old farmstead from the 1830"s. The place was filled with iron, but I didnt dig all of the signals because I wouldnt have moved 10 feet in the 5 hours that we were there. I did manage to find a REALLY old and cool heel plate. I also found a bridal buckle that was so gren with patina, it looked like it was painted green. LOL .... I managed to find a lot of old horse tack and some recent stuff too. I cannot tell you how much that I love this machine. My wife keeps asking me to pinpoint her targets and tell her how deep the items are because the BH IV that she uses doesnt tell her. I guess that I am going to have to save money to buy her a new machine. I bet you can guess which machine I will get for her, ETP for sure!

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go DigDug! Yeah, you'd better get Mama one of those. You might end up having to use that BH !! :BangHead: Haha!
Cant wait till the 3 feet of snow melts here, if ever. Havent even tried my Euro yet. :dontknow:

JR in Hohenwald TN.

Mar 15, 2009
Wonder how the ETP would do with a NEL Hunter coil????? That'd be interesting. I wouldn't go much bigger since its pre-set gb balanced machine though. A hunter in a 12.5x8.5 may do better tan the 11x8.5.

Oh and by the way, I love to see lower end machines do just as good as machines costing twice to 3 times as much. I've always rooted for the underdog in this hobby.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really is an impressive little detector for the money! :)

renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What coil are you using on your Euro Tek? The stock or 11" DD? I am getting one in a couple weeks with the DD coil and plan on hitting some trashy areas my Explorer has trouble with.

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
What coil are you using on your Euro Tek? The stock or 11" DD? I am getting one in a couple weeks with the DD coil and plan on hitting some trashy areas my Explorer has trouble with.
I'm using the 5x10 ellipitcal coil , great on depth and PP good on the narrow ends of the coil great!

OP
OP
D

DigDug1

Jan 16, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the ETP out for a relic hunt again and I really did well. I found a turn of the century button, my first horse shoe, and a 1920 wheatie along with a lot of other goodies. This is one great machine! I found a deal on an Ace 250 for the wife for $100 and she still wants an ETP because she thinks it is a much better machine and actually I agree! GREAT detector especially for the price!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread