Added a T2 SE to my arsenal

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last nite after debating with myself for a few weeks i ordered a T2 SE from Big Boy hobbies.Now i gotta start craming info about it.Anything info any T2 SE owners can throw out to me would be Much appreciated....Thanks Barrywk

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last nite after debating with myself for a few weeks i ordered a T2 SE from Big Boy hobbies.Now i gotta start craming info about it.Anything info any T2 SE owners can throw out to me would be Much appreciated....Thanks Barrywk
Hey Barry, First off congrats on an awesome machine. Read your manual 2 or 3 times from front to back. Always make sure you ground balance your machine when you power it up. If you hunt on disc mode I would recommend 2+ tones or 3 tones. I personally prefer the 2+. Maybe most importantly, let the site dictate your settings. Don't try to run it too hot if it's going crazy. Even at lower sens the T2 SE is deeper than most. If a site allows you to crank the sens up go for it. If you need to turn it down a bit don't be concerned about losing depth. It's still very deep.
Fair warning , this machine can be a bit chatty. This is a good thing my friend. It's an indication of just how sensitive your machine is. You will learn what your comfortable with as far as noise and settings etc. please don't hesitate to ask questions. Lots of knowledgeable people on here with many hours under their belts. Enjoy and congrats

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new heater Barry! Good choice for sure.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new machine! I was in the same boat you were in. When it was all said and done, I was glad I went ahead and got it. Like Ahab posted, read the manual several times and you'll be fine. What I've found so far is that this machine is very sensitive. Not a bad thing at all! The ability to set the machine up to suit the site you are hunting is awesome! So far I've found that if you run this machine in bp mode and turn the disc. down low, and then hunt in all metal, It becomes what I've been calling "bloodhound" mode since I'm using this setting at this particular site to try and pick up an iron trail that will hopefully lead me to something good.Of course, there is not much modern trash at this site. Oh, by the way, When set up this way, it seems you don't have to swing the coil as fast, and old brick pieces will give you a positive sig. They show on my screen as rock. Hope this helps, mr.b

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one last fall so I don't have a ton of experience on it, but I really love the smaller (5"?) coil in the woods. Gets incredible depth for it's size.

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new t2 se was suppose to have been delivered thurs....it sat somewhere between Mesquite tx and greensboro nc, 5 hours short of 4 days....UPS said it was weather delay.....Grrrrrrrr......who knows if i will get mon....Barry

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And by the way....Thanks bart for the deal on the the T2 se and for getting it out so quick...It is UPS thats having issues

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks man, I know you are wanting to get out there and break it in. You're getting an awesome machine and it's worth the wait!

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my T2 SE today....took it on a short test run.....After cramming info on it past week i took to it like a duck on water.Hunted in a friends yard for a few mins and dug 2 pennies,two dimes,a quarter and a nickel...vdi was dead on....I believe im really gonna like it....thanx to all who gave me info on setting it up....Barrywk

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my T2 SE today....took it on a short test run.....After cramming info on it past week i took to it like a duck on water.Hunted in a friends yard for a few mins and dug 2 pennies,two dimes,a quarter and a nickel...vdi was dead on....I believe im really gonna like it....thanx to all who gave me info on setting it up....Barrywk
Congrats Barry! You're gonna love that thing once you really get dialed in with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread