I figured out what my T2 reminds me of...

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is a smokin' detector! It occurred to me the other day that hunting with the T2 is similar to walking my dog. Why? Because I have a 100# lab who hasn't been trained. He's quite liable to charge the leash when he sees something he likes! You have to be on your game because he's got great eyes and ears, and he's usually taking ME for a walk, not the other way around!

Seriously though, as I learn this detector I'm starting to see the power and adaptability that it has. My first hunt and first coin found was silver! That silver came from amongst a ton of trash and it was deep, although I didn't measure. I have to resist turning up the sensitivity, it's usually just not needed! And talk about finding small stuff! Recently I just KNEW I was on the trail of a large coin-super strong signal-it turned out to be a rivet! Took me awhile to find it in the plug.

Yep. This dog will hunt...

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still tryin to learn to hunt with boost but damn it has so much power with it on I'm thinkin I'm getting hits in china!! I LUV MY T2!!!!!!

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Boost is handy for me because I hunt woods, fields, and rocky areas. I've also experimented a bit with the cache locate mode. I could hit a tin sign, 1x1, laying on the ground, at about 4'. More testing is in order, but I'm pretty busy for awhile.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll absolutely agree with u guys although I don't have the t2 ltd I am running a f75ltd that is more or less the same machine with a couple differences, for some reason or other both these I've always had my eye on even when I got my other machines,well recently I picked thr ltd up & I'm speechless at the power & abilities of this detector there is much that's gonna be able to hide big or small bring it on

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine for a couple of ghost town sites that are littered with nails. It has become my favorite for everything. I've been through a few and this one is the most comfortable that I've used, the design and control layout is the way it should be. As far as the power it reminds me of a horse I bought that used to be a race horse, always had to hold her back a little, but if you let her go hold on.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and I'm always amazed at what this machine will do. My gf bought it for me in September and I'm blown away at what I've found in such a short time. The field that I just found the Dandy button in just eats stuff. Everything is super deep but NOTHING can hide fron the T2 SE. The LC I found there this winter during the warm snap was 11 1/2- 12" deep and it just about blew my ear drums out. I can honestly say that with a lesser machine I would've missed many of my good finds. Maybe we should tell everyone that they suck so no one else can get the deep and small stuff that we can get to. :-) best of luck out there all, Abe

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im with you I use the T2 for year now found all of keepers in places that been hunted over and over by other machines. I hunted a park and still finding old stuff like brass lipstick from the 20's , buttons , coins
Just recently hunted a ghost town with tons of trash and button s and Bullitt cases from Henry rifles. I just bought a 5in coil and it just kills it in trashy parks.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 5". Dd coil oh ya its a laser awesome thing is there is little to no loss in the depth compared to the 11" coil which any other detectors would lose a good bit but not these

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use it yesterday at alocal park thats know for trash and found alot of clad and had nice reading at 8in deep so dug it turn out old pull tab that was falling apart at 9ins wow!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 5". Dd coil oh ya its a laser awesome thing is there is little to no loss in the depth compared to the 11" coil which any other detectors would lose a good bit but not these
They really nailed it with this machine. It's super comfortable and light ( I can swing it all day with no issue), it's very deep and sensitive, it sniffs out the good stuff from among the big nasty iron, the. 5" coil is super nimble in the worst of conditions and hardly loses any depth. Oh yeah, I think it looks cool too which is very important :-)
What the hell more could a guy or gal ask for? I might marry my gf for buying me that thing. Yup that's it I'm gonna ask her. Just gotta dig a nice diamond ring first :-) ha ha ha

usaff4

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2007
Western NY
Detector(s) used
ACE250, Whites M6
Looking at the T2, what is the weight of the T2? Have been using a whites M6 for the past few years, I like it but after a couple of hours its too heavy. White says it's 4lbs.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the T2, what is the weight of the T2? Have been using a whites M6 for the past few years, I like it but after a couple of hours its too heavy. White says it's 4lbs.
It weighs 3.5 lbs. with the 4 AA batteries installed.The design of the machine makes it feel a lot lighter than it actually is. I'm totally happy with mine so far!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It weighs 3.5 lbs. with the 4 AA batteries installed.The design of the machine makes it feel a lot lighter than it actually is. I'm totally happy with mine so far!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ull be happy for sure the t2se & the f75ltd what I use are basically the same machine things are just awesome you won't go home from hunts empty handed for sure

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well put it this way I hunt an old school looking for coins and jewerly and find relics like 1868 shotgun shell, 1920s lipstick and copper button the T2 is a killer machine

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies for the double post guys, I don't know what the heck happened :dontknow: I was actually trying to post a response to pyledriver, but instead it copied the post to usaff4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions