Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be insulted, I'm a coin collector for over 40 years, I was just passing on information. Some people might think coins are valuable in very poor condition. With coins, condition means everything as to value.

Don't be insulted, but no, condition most certainly does not mean everything. Variety, rarity and demand matter a whole lot too. Have a look at this corroded copper that's worth about a grand for every one of those 40 years you have collected.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...fetime-1786-new-york-non-vi-virtute-vici.html

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you could give me a value on my dandy button because nobody has ever seen one like it and I'd love more info on it.

If you believe you have something, you should probably stop referring to it as a dandy button, unless of course you're ok with, and would use the term, George Washington Dandy button. :)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you believe you have something, you should probably stop referring to it as a dandy button, unless of course you're ok with, and would use the term, George Washington Dandy button. :)
I would love to call it that but do you think that's the correct term or not. I guess Patriotic Political is how it's been described to me a couple of times. That's what Don Troiani said but what would you call it my very wise and knowledgeable friend? :-)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to call it that but do you think that's the correct term or not. I guess Patriotic Political is how it's been described to me a couple of times. That's what Don Troiani said but what would you call it my very wise and knowledgeable friend? :-)

Yes, patriotic or political. Even if the design meant nothing I've always hated the term dandy button. It's total UK, but was said so many times on here it caught on. It's not that I care that much, and is definitely not why I'm telling you not to call that particular button that, but just for the record I won't use it because I just don't like it. To call a patriotic or political button a dandy button is certainly dropping the significance of it in a big way. Like I said... George Washington Dandy button.... doesn't really work does it.

.... or you could call it Lester. ;)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, patriotic or political. Even if the design meant nothing I've always hated the term dandy button. It's total UK, but was said so many times on here it caught on. It's not that I care that much, and is definitely not why I'm telling you not to call that particular button that, but just for the record I won't use it because I just don't like it. To call a patriotic or political button a dandy button is certainly dropping the significance of it in a big way. Like I said... George Washington Dandy button.... doesn't really work does it. .... or you could call it Lester. ;)
Ha ha ok now that I know dandy came from UK it surely does not make any sense at all. And dandy certainly does sound like a uk term. No more dandy for my Patriotic Political button that fell off George Washingtons coat. Ok that might be pushing it but I will stick to the American version and appreciate you straightening me out on that as I was doing a disservice to my find :-)

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't care what ya call it. Totally fascinated by it. Wouldn't you kill to just know the true history of such a thing. Little doubt it came from early in our Nation's history. Pretty awesome. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't care what ya call it. Totally fascinated by it. Wouldn't you kill to just know the true history of such a thing. Little doubt it came from early in our Nation's history. Pretty awesome. :icon_thumleft:
It's funny Mark all I can picture is some guy all dressed up with that huge shiny gold gilted button being chased by half naked natives with bow and arrows :-) I know I got a warped mind

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahab you always post some awesome finds .Congrats.I only wish i could be that fortunate to find some of the things you find.HH

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no doubt about you having a warped mind. That explains how quick and easily the friendship formed. Birds of a feather..... ha ha. U da Man Abe.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahab you always post some awesome finds .Congrats.I only wish i could be that fortunate to find some of the things you find.HH
Thanks Don. None of these finds would have happened without the countless hours of research time that I put in. It at least gets me in the right spots to potentially make good finds. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't but you're certainly giving yourself a much better chance. Good luck my friend

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no doubt about you having a warped mind. That explains how quick and easily the friendship formed. Birds of a feather..... ha ha. U da Man Abe.
Ha ha yes it's funny Mark how some of us just hit it off. I often wish we could all get together so I could see just what this big motley crew would look like. Bet it would be quite a site for sure :-)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread