issues with my T2 (I think)

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting with the T2 earlier and found 2 dimes..1 copper penny...two zincs....a shotgun shell and some other junk.When i was loading up it occured to me that i didnt dig any targets deeper than 3 or 4 inches. Also all the coins rang up as zinc when i found them.I was concerned and reached in my pocket an took out one of the dimes and zincs and the copper and laid them on clean ground.I went over them with T2 and could not pick up any of the coins until i got down to bout 5 or 6 inches and they all rang up as zinc.I was in discrim with 98 sense,22 scrimed out and 2+.Did same in all metal.Went back to scrim and took sense down to 60 and still same thing.Went down to about two inches on the dime and it finally registered as a dime,but when raised coil a little went back to zinc and same thing in all metal.Also tried in boost and still same thing.Shouldnt it be doing a lot better that this......let me add that yes i ground balanced in both modes,have 3 out of 4 bars on battery,the cord is wrapped properly and cord fitting was tight.Is there something else im doing wrong or does there seem like there is a problem......tomorrow im going to change batteries and try the sniper coil to see if its the same way....any ideas....Thanks barrywk

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barry it may be an issue with your coil. Def put the 5" on and see what's happening with that one. Sounds like you're doing everything right so I'm thinking there's a mechanical issue if some sort. Good luck buddy

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
changed the batteries....no difference.....changed the coil....no difference.....its actually worse than i first reported....3 to 4 inches to get a jumpy signal...1 to 2 to get a good signal.....Does anyone know the number to the dept at technetics that i need to call and their hours.....Thanx....barrywk

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting with the T2 earlier and found 2 dimes..1 copper penny...two zincs....a shotgun shell and some other junk.When i was loading up it occured to me that i didnt dig any targets deeper than 3 or 4 inches. Also all the coins rang up as zinc when i found them.I was concerned and reached in my pocket an took out one of the dimes and zincs and the copper and laid them on clean ground.I went over them with T2 and could not pick up any of the coins until i got down to bout 5 or 6 inches and they all rang up as zinc.I was in discrim with 98 sense,22 scrimed out and 2+.Did same in all metal.Went back to scrim and took sense down to 60 and still same thing.Went down to about two inches on the dime and it finally registered as a dime,but when raised coil a little went back to zinc and same thing in all metal.Also tried in boost and still same thing.Shouldnt it be doing a lot better that this......let me add that yes i ground balanced in both modes,have 3 out of 4 bars on battery,the cord is wrapped properly and cord fitting was tight.Is there something else im doing wrong or does there seem like there is a problem......tomorrow im going to change batteries and try the sniper coil to see if its the same way....any ideas....Thanks barrywk
1-800-413-4131
Not sure on the hours bud but that really sucks. Best of luck my friend

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks ahab

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you are having problems man. I'm sure they'll resolve the issue. Let us know how it turns out!

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well so far technetics hasnt impressed me...My T2 is a month old and no RMA....i gotta pay postage to send it to them to repair

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that Barry. Tough dilemma when a company makes a great product but is lacking in the service dept. I'm not saying that they are but if that's the case it is tough. Good luck bud

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it T2 or SE ? Did you get a "good deal" on it ? Just asking as there a lot of counterfeits of T2, and strange they wouldn't give you a RA number.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it T2 or SE ? Did you get a "good deal" on it ? Just asking as there a lot of counterfeits of T2, and strange they wouldn't give you a RA number.

I think it still says on their website, if you send a counterfeit Fisher/Teknetics in for repair, they will keep it.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it still says on their website, if you send a counterfeit Fisher/Teknetics in for repair, they will keep it.
As they should! These scum bags are basically stealing from them and giving them a bad name. People need to realize if it seems to good to be true it is! I only buy from authorized retailers. Go to the source and pay the money for peace of mind

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure how it got to this....lol....but its not a knockoff...bought from a reputable vendor from this site

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and by the way...i got an ra number....but i thought they would send me a return shipping label,especially having it only a month

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and by the way...i got an ra number....but i thought they would send me a return shipping label,especially having it only a month

Everybody brags about Garrett but my ATP went bad after 2 months and I had to pay to ship it back also. I think that sucks.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure how it got to this....lol....but its not a knockoff...bought from a reputable vendor from this site
Barry got a little off track there sorry. Wasn't saying yours was a knock off but it's a big problem. Anyway I hope this all works out for you bud. Curious to know the outcome in case mine ever decided to die. Good luck man

Last edited:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I was just asking. The detector "seems" to be working, just very sub par. Your only getting half at best on depth, and poor IDs, which sounds about like the counterfeits perform.

You asked for a phone number which is on the back cover of the manual ?

You said "no rma" ?

"bought from a reputable vendor from this site "
No harm in mentioning who then ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions