Before i send my T2 SE off...need some input from other T2 owners

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before i send my t2 off to repair shop i wanna make sure that my inexperiance with it is not the problem....Just did some air tests outside,away from house,(my neighborhood has no overhead wires and my closest neighbor is five acres away through the woods) I did the air test with my atpro and then the t2(wanted to make sure with a comparison of another detector in same conditions).I used a quarter,dime,nickle and a zinc and copper penny.The atpro was full sense with no iron scrimed out...The coins each rang out clear with good vdi between 8 an 9 inches...no chatter and no scratchy signals.Then i tried t2,several times...in all metal i tried with 60 and 99 sense,was very chatty in both(a little more on 99,but both senses signals were very choppy and scratchy signals and didnt get good tones and vdi until i got 4 to 5 inches on all the coins and even then the chatter would make the vdi dissappear from screen quickly.I tried it in discrim with same senses in 2+ and bp modes and there was very little difference....And yes tried on ground also and yes was ground balanced an changed frequancy....same results....now....should i b expecting better results....i get the feeling the guy at technetics thinks the issues are me.....Your thoughts please.....Thanks Barrywk

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forgot to add....used both 11 inch and 5 inch coils

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not having a T2 or been following your troubles, I'll throw out a few if they haven't been mentioned. Is there a factory reset? I'd try that. Discrimination turned off or set to a low value?

Try new Duracell alkaline batteries if you haven't already. Not Kroger, not Dollar General, not Harbor Freight. Are the battery contacts clean and not corroded from a leaking battery?

Very chatty at 60? What was threshold? But even if chatty, depth should be much better though.

Take the battery out of your cellphone or leave it in the car. Turned off isn't off.

You're using plastic nut and bolt to attach the coils? And nothing attached to the shaft like that Sunray gizmo?

Who was the dealer? (Don't answer that) One particular dealer I don't trust, read online reports of them taking returns and just sending them back out. I feel they are too big for their britches, good luck after the sale.

Go by the UPS store and see what their lowest rate is, even if it takes a week to get there. Keep in mind you have over a $1000 investment already, get it fixed and then you can do an after action analysis.

re:"get the feeling the guy at technetics thinks the issues are me"
Plenty of those kind of people everywhere. I work with some myself, easiest way to fix a problem is to ignore it. $$

The T2 should beat the ATPro, my F70 does easily. I'll bet your F2 beats the T2, the T2 has problems. I get 8" on a quarter with the F2, the VDI is bouncing, but a solid VDI at 6".

Looking at your posting history, you've been fighting this thing for at least a week. Send it in old buddy!

Good luck

Edit: you are using T2 coils and not F75?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea steve ...done all of the above and am using coils that came with it ...only had a month...Im not an expert but not a novice either....just wanna make sure i know what im talkin about on the t2 before i send it in lol....thanks though...you pushed me over...its time i just send it in....i know in my heart and from what ive read that it should be doing way better than it is.....I guess i was hoping it would fix itself....lol.....gonna pack her up today and send her off.....Thanks again steve....I think i will go test her one more time...LMAO.....Barrywk

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im replying to this old post about my t2 because back in april i sent it in to teknetics because of issues i was having (sent at my cost)...it was repaired (im using repaired loosely here)...I have used it about ten times since i got it back,seemed ok....Now as of weds july 16 it is doing the same as before (read original post). Its been a little over two months since i recieved it back from teknetics with the repairs that were done. I will be sending it back ....again....(again at my cost),to have it repaired again.......now..I am not writing this to bash the t2,nor am i writing this to bash teknetics..BUT I AM CALLING OUT TEKNETICS TO MAKE THIS RIGHT!!!!..I paid a lot of money for this machine and i treat it with kid gloves and I can not afford to do without my detector for a couple of weeks,every couple of months,nor can I afford the money it cost to send it back to teknetics every couple of months.....Please Teknetics....fix it or replace it....or refund me....Thank you...Barrywk

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im replying to this old post about my t2 because back in april i sent it in to teknetics because of issues i was having (sent at my cost)...it was repaired (im using repaired loosely here)...I have used it about ten times since i got it back,seemed ok....Now as of weds july 16 it is doing the same as before (read original post). Its been a little over two months since i recieved it back from teknetics with the repairs that were done. I will be sending it back ....again....(again at my cost),to have it repaired again.......now..I am not writing this to bash the t2,nor am i writing this to bash teknetics..BUT I AM CALLING OUT TEKNETICS TO MAKE THIS RIGHT!!!!..I paid a lot of money for this machine and i treat it with kid gloves and I can not afford to do without my detector for a couple of weeks,every couple of months,nor can I afford the money it cost to send it back to teknetics every couple of months.....Please Teknetics....fix it or replace it....or refund me....Thank you...Barrywk

Probably best to talk to Tek directly about making it right! Dunno how much play it'll get here!

Best of luck!

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah fella...I will b calling teknetics mon....had to rant and release a little......also being weekend i cant call teknetics.....im hoping someone from teknetics mite b cruising the forum this weekend and read this so they can better prepare themselves for my call on mon....LOL....thanks

tabhole

Greenie
May 7, 2014
East TN
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2, Tesoro Silver u-Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 is an excellent detector. I do not have those issues with mine. Sounds like you possibly have a lemon. Every brand has a lemon here and there. Had an F2 before the T2 and there is no comparison in my experience. T2 outperformed it hands down. Just my 2 cents lol.

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had to send my t2 back to el paso again for the second time in less than six months....for the same issue......teknetics did pay shipping this time....kudos for that ....I just hope they do something different this time

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 is an excellent detector. I do not have those issues with mine. Sounds like you possibly have a lemon. Every brand has a lemon here and there. Had an F2 before the T2 and there is no comparison in my experience. T2 outperformed it hands down. Just my 2 cents lol.

I would hope it is no comparison, since you could by 5 F2's for the price of the T2 se

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread