Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new machine! I used one I got in a trade for a couple of hunts and was really impressed. It's the best machine I've ever used in that price range. Good audio, good depth, featherlight, super fast recovery, and adjustable iron audio.

Last edited:

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
Congrats , get a alkaline battery for it , your gonna make that your favorite detector, I use the elliptical coil on it and it's a little stick of dynamite. !!

DigDug1

Jan 16, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Teknetiics Eurotek Pro , Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to offer my "2 cents" here. I have the ETP and I LOVE this detector. My suggestion is to put DESC at 40, SENS as high as possible, and volume at 11. Putting the volume at 11 will muffle the tomes for iron. If you are hunting for anything metal, just run DESC at 0 and volume at anything under 10 and it will find everything. You will love that little kick butt detector. I have a BH Tracker IV, Garrett Ace 250, and the ETP. I have not used anything but the ETP since I got it.

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going strictly for coins & don't want to be bothered with ferrous iron chatter, you can set your vol @ 10, sens @ 10, des @ 79. The only trash signal I get is for some old pop bottle caps @ 80-82, I don't mind this, for me they're few & far between & I've found gold items at those numbers before.

If you like those settings, you can save them and they will be available (or any other settings) after you turn your machine off :-)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! AWESOME detector!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread