ET Pro settings suggestions

greenwyvern

Apr 11, 2014
Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 & Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Eurotec pro on the way and saw one post with some suggestions on different settings. Would appreciate any input on different settings for different situations from ET Pro users. I am used to Bounty Hunter and older White's machines.
This is my first "number settings" machine and would like to write down suggestions and try them out for my hunting locations. Thanks for any help you can offer.

exahab

Jun 10, 2013
Luldow, MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro Dp
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I run mine at disc 40, sensitivity at 8, volume at 11

DigDug1

Jan 16, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Teknetiics Eurotek Pro , Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I am relic hunting, I set my volume at 10, sens at 8 or 9, and NO disc. The volume set at 10 will make the iron tones muffled but still huntable. If I am coin hunting, I use the Disc at 40, sens at 8, and volume at 10 or 11. You will love the ETP because it is an AWESOME little detector. Happy Hunting!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Machine is to really easy. Run the Sens as hot as area will allow & set Disc and Vol to your preference.
I like zero Disc and Vol of 11 but I like to hear everything.
If you don't like to hear the iron you can set you Disc to 39/40 and/or run Vol at 10. If you don't wanna hear aluminum trash, up your Disc to 60 or so. Just remember the more Disc, the less depth.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Sensitivity at 10, disc at 28, and volume 4 unless your hearing isn't real good or if there is too much noise, (if) you are in nasty soil. In iron-free salt beaches run it wide open and no disc. The less the iron content in the soil the higher the discrimination setting. Listen to the tones, it's best to run it about the same as a cz so you get another inch or so depth. SLOW DOWN to about 3 ft per second. Don't even consider trying to use 'pinpoint' in high iron, it will howl at you 6 inches off the ground unless it is re-calibrated for your soil. Listen to the tones and the grunts and the whines it sometimes makes, but don't pay much attention to the whines. HOWEVER, and I just matched them side-by-side yesterday and today, a Tesoro Compadre matches its depth in average to high Fe soil and discriminates better too. It does find a lot of iron though, especially linear stuff like barbed wire, fine wire, and nails, etc. I use mine mostly for finding iron items, and then another detector for parks and heavy trash places. It does a better-than-average job at canceling beer caps (pop tops). It goes deeper on dimes than copper pennies:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently bought one as a back up machine and for people to use. I took it out on a short test. I can't really tell you much concerning the settings, but I think it might be one of the best detectors for the money and it surprises me that you don't hear more people buying it as a first detector.

JunkLover

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only taken my ETP out in my yard and it's definitely good at finding stupid crap. I get all kinds of wild signals for what I find out is garbage, as in, "Holycrap90DIGDIGDIG!" and find a 2-inch shred of foil four inches down. I don't have anything gold to test out, but I got high readings for dimes, pennies and quarters and a 56-57 reading on nickels. Setting the discrimination to rule out iron doesn't help much because I'll still get anything from 40 to 90 while the "IRON" sign flashes. I think anything iron in my yard would be junk like nails and bullets, so I don't bother with those readings.

Took my detector out again today and dug some scraps of metal that gave off high 80s - low 90s readings. I don't know if I'm just not using the detector correctly or not, but I'm starting to regret buying this model. I'm afraid to take it to a park or someone else's property because I worry I'll be digging up nothing but trash. Don't get me wrong, I expect to find trash. I just can't differentiate between trash and treasure like the manual suggests.

Personally, I keep the disc at 40 to rule out iron, and the sensitivity at 07. Higher and I get weird signals, lower and I sometimes get no signals. I haven't tried bumping the volume up to 11 yet, but I might see if that makes any difference. I may just need practice interpreting the sounds because the numbers seem unreliable. Hoping to swing this baby around outside the yard soon so I can try finding something besides beer cans and power lines. I've been told the Eurotek Pro is a coin shooter, which is great because I'd like to find small goodies like coins and rings anyway.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only taken my ETP out in my yard and it's definitely good at finding stupid crap. I get all kinds of wild signals for what I find out is garbage, as in, "Holycrap90DIGDIGDIG!" and find a 2-inch shred of foil four inches down. I don't have anything gold to test out, but I got high readings for dimes, pennies and quarters and a 56-57 reading on nickels. Setting the discrimination to rule out iron doesn't help much because I'll still get anything from 40 to 90 while the "IRON" sign flashes. I think anything iron in my yard would be junk like nails and bullets, so I don't bother with those readings. Took my detector out again today and dug some scraps of metal that gave off high 80s - low 90s readings. I don't know if I'm just not using the detector correctly or not, but I'm starting to regret buying this model. I'm afraid to take it to a park or someone else's property because I worry I'll be digging up nothing but trash. Don't get me wrong, I expect to find trash. I just can't differentiate between trash and treasure like the manual suggests. Personally, I keep the disc at 40 to rule out iron, and the sensitivity at 07. Higher and I get weird signals, lower and I sometimes get no signals. I haven't tried bumping the volume up to 11 yet, but I might see if that makes any difference. I may just need practice interpreting the sounds because the numbers seem unreliable. Hoping to swing this baby around outside the yard soon so I can try finding something besides beer cans and power lines. I've been told the Eurotek Pro is a coin shooter, which is great because I'd like to find small goodies like coins and rings anyway.

One thing you want to watch for is repeatable signals. You may have a signal in the 90's but does it read 90 every time you pass your cool over the target? If it is jumping from 83 to 94 and back to 90. It is probably trash. Notice when you test it over coins. The number usually only varies by one digit. That means you have a nice solid target. Also when getting a good signal. Sweep an extra few inches away to see if the tone and number changes
I was at a park yesterday and kept getting. Nice signals in the 80's. But in reality when I swung a few inches away I was really on the outer edge of a pulltab that read in the 70's. It is going to take about 100 hrs of use before you really get the feel for the machine and what it's trying to tell you

I have been hunting all summer with the eurotek pro and am finally getting the hang of what it's telling me

Good luck

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread