Need some schooling on the ET Pro with 11" DD coil

greenwyvern

Apr 11, 2014
Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 & Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very happy with the Eurotek Pro I just bought. It has the 11"DD coil. Can someone school me on where to dig when I pinpoint an item? That coil is large and I am not sure where in the 11" circle the item is. I don't want to dig an 11" plug each time. Once I have pinpointed the item is the item in dead center of the coil? I am used to an 8" coil on my BH Quick Silver. The DD shape and larger coil area is confusing me on where to dig. Any help appreciated.

As a side I love the detector. I went over a small tot lot I had already hunted out using the BH and found a lot of clad dimes and quarters and one Chunky Cheese token the BH had missed. If it shows 90-91 it is a quarter...every time. 83-84 is a dime....every time.
I'm not used to that and really like it.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GreenWyvern,
I swing an Omega 8k when hunting dry land which is very similar to the ET Pro. I tend to use the 5" sharpshooter coil; but, when I do use the 11"DD I tend to find that it pinpoints roughly just south of a small circular indentation/cutout that you will see on the coil if you look closely.

I circled it in red on the rough picture below. Try using that and adjust accordingly if you realize that each time you dig a plug the target is slightly off to one direction. Hope that helps and happy hunting!

Oh, and if you like the 11" but get too many signals in trashy/concentrated areas and have extra funds, get yourself a 5" sharpshooter and you'll be amazed at what you will locate!

Teknetics%2011%20DD%20coil%20top-500x500.jpg

OP
OP
G

greenwyvern

Apr 11, 2014
Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 & Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks TwoYewts! That is exactly where I have estimated I am finding my items, so this confirms I'm not far off. I will have to save some funds for a smaller coil but have wondered if my 8" Bounty Hunter Quick Silver coil would work on the ETP. All connections are the same but I am waiting for a reply from Teknetics Service before I actually try it. Don't want to damage the ETP. Wiring may be different.

skywalker827

Apr 17, 2014
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks greenwyvern for asking!
And thanks twoyewts for the input!
Just got the ETP and this will make pin pointing a little easier. .... love the ETP so far! HH

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
In addition to that , you can toe and heel PP with the DD coils, it gives ya three points to PP with , HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread