T2 vs atp gold

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an AT Gold. It's my opinion that many people have All Metal phobia. I had it and really kick myself now. I bought some of Clive Clynick's books and he is quite the advocate on the All Metal mode. Learning his techniques it's like a road map. Now I hunt about 25-50 percent of the time in All Metal. I doubt many people know how much target info is available in All Metal. Believe it or not it's easier to tell the difference between ferrous and non-ferrous in All Metal.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I received my T2se it's all I've been using. While I think it's a fine machine, I'm not overly impressed. Depth isn't any better than what I'm use to, vdi is about as stable as a liberal at an Occupy sit-in, can't seem to tone hunt with the thing…too bad to! It's probably on its way out!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimzz977 T2 is real, it keeps up and can beat my F75. I too was concerned about it being real. Having had the opportunity to visit and hunt with some of the guys from First Texas, I can say I will always be a First Texas customer.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimzz977 T2 is real, it keeps up and can beat my F75. I too was concerned about it being real. Having had the opportunity to visit and hunt with some of the guys from First Texas, I can say I will always be a First Texas customer.
Once you really get locked in with this machine it's a monster. But you have to really learn it and understand what it's telling you. I'd say 80% of the time I know what's coming out of the ground. You really have to hit things from east west then north south. If it's a nail that'll tell the story every time. This is esp important if you are in wet areas. Lots of things will give a great sound and high number but when you approach it from a different direction it shows it's true colors. You also have to understand that if something is really deep it may not give a very accurate id. I learned this by making a test garden. Really was eye opening actually.
The opportunity to swing with the guys from FT must have been a real treat. To spend time with the guys that really understand every nuance of the T2 is an incredible opportunity. Id love to hear some more from Casca as far as tips and ideas that he picked up from this experience, Abe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread