5x10 elliptical for T2

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hav'nt takin mine off since I got mine GUNNS!!! I luv it so much I got rid of my 11"dd. There's hardly any diff in depth between the two but the separation is nite and day!!! I do a lot of field huntin and it swings so easy in between the rows. EVERY T2 owner should get one!!!! You won't be disappointed!!! GL&HH.....

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hav'nt takin mine off since I got mine GUNNS!!! I luv it so much I got rid of my 11"dd. There's hardly any diff in depth between the two but the separation is nite and day!!! I do a lot of field huntin and it swings so easy in between the rows. EVERY T2 owner should get one!!!! You won't be disappointed!!! GL&HH.....

Thanks fishstick. I have had issues with the open coil hanging up in the stubble as well. Love my little coil, but they are no doubt little. Seems to me like it would be the perfect coil. Nearly every time I go hunting I end up in the thick stuff as well. It would have to be easier to maneuver. How is the weight compared to stock?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I know what my next toy is :-) thanks for the great feedback fish

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I end up keeping the T2, I'll have to look into it!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hopin it was gonna be a lil' lighter then it is but it swings a lot better than the 11"... HANDS DOWN!!!! GL&HH......

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I end up keeping the T2, I'll have to look into it!

Hey Fella, This coil runs SWEET in BP and AM modes so I know you'll luv it!!!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the nel sharpshooter about two days before they announced the 5 by 10 would be coming soon. The good thing is I absolutely live it and it rarely comes off.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great machine with lots of great coils! What more could we ask for

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone else out there with the 5 x 10 elliptical that can add their 2 cents.....im mostly trashy sites an the 11 dd is too much,while i love the sniper coil because i can find exactly where my target is,its just not enough sometimes,size wise as far as covering ground....thanx barry

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone else out there with the 5 x 10 elliptical that can add their 2 cents.....im mostly trashy sites an the 11 dd is too much,while i love the sniper coil because i can find exactly where my target is,its just not enough sometimes,size wise as far as covering ground....thanx barry

I am with you on the stock coils barrywk. I am amazed at how deep and precise the small coil is but man you feel peglegged when trying to cover much ground. If I am in a hot new site the little coil is awesome as I don't mind really taking my time (unfortunately I now have little with a new job), but to do a quick scouting hunt on an old home etc. I think the elliptical would be great. Some of the old homes I am hitting have literally just been shacks and have little to give. You usually don't know for sure what they are until you get there. They are just a dot on an old map. It doesn't take long to determine they have little to give. They are usually much more trashy than the good ones as well. The ability to get into the brush is another issue. I think the closed coil is much better for that in any size.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions