T2 SE ground canceling

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a school yard I've been to many times and normally the ground cancels at around 65 to 75. Today, fast grab would not go below 90. Tried many different spots, all 90. I decided to try the manual ground cancel in all metal and the reading with just a slight positive was down around 35. So I left it on 35 and went back to discriminate mode did another fast grab and it would not move off the 35 setting I did manually. I then shut the machine off, turned it back on, did a fast grab, back to 90. What gives? Decided to call it quits, got home and did the fast grab in my yard and got the fluctuating readings I would expect in fast grab from 70 to 73. Is there just too much of "something" in the ground at the school to properly balance? :icon_scratch:

tabhole

Greenie
May 7, 2014
East TN
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2, Tesoro Silver u-Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like that is the problem. I have hunted spots that were hard to balance. Move around to a different spot with different soil and balances with no problems.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had that happen on snow, had to kick away snow so detector would see the ground also on wood chips. I think if what you are ground balancing over is neutral it does see anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions