T2se Disappointing!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sliced bread not quite. Cob up my you know what over atp no not at all. Do I think my t2 goes deeper as in finds deeper targets than an atp, yes after comparing many signal with two different ones. I mention two different one because as much as they brake down you could easily claim one was just broke.

Are you talking about the ATP breaking? Because mine gets abused big time, and has been tough as nails and is definately a tougher built machine than the T2 or the F75. They are fairly fragile machines, which is what makes them so light! I know that the early ATP's had a few bugs...but they are long gone and in the case of a broken machine; I will bet you that garrett will be ALOT better to deal with than Fisher! Next to Tesoro, Garrett has the best customer service out there.

Man!!! I said i was done with this thread! lol

discn

Aug 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
my sixth sense and a shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been swinging A ctx for the whole year so far and it is hands down the best machine I have ever used. Besides my Tesoro detectors.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not insulted in any way just think advice should come from more than two months. Tell me did you learn your atp in two months?

No I did learn it in two months. In my original post to this thread I mentioned i'am a cellar hole and field guy . I just found it refreshing someone who owned a machine ( actually the first two posters) and didn't feel obligated to brag about them . It gave me another perspective before I run out and spend a grand for the T2 or more yet for a Deus. Not to say it won't be one or the other. So I like taking ALL opinions when Iam spending big bucks on toys. And again I appreciate your thoughts as much as fella. Take care boys I am heading out to find me a new hole!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I wish everybody the best and I hope everybody uses whatever machine they are comfortable with. Yes I've had to send my machine in bit I best the hell out of it. My buddy bought a Pro and had to send it in 3 times the first year. Machines are no different than vehicles ....some are built well and some are built on Friday afternoon when people just want to get to the bar. I had a group hunt today and the AT Pro couldn't touch my T2 at this site where we could run em hot, but anyway I'm not gonna continue to repeat myself. I've found lots of 1700s coins and my fair share of Spanish silver. Some of it is good research and sites and some is having good equipment. I found an 1851 20 centimes coin at about 8" which doesn't sound like much until you see just how small that coin is. I never dreamed I'd have found over 20 old large coppers in my first 9 months but I have. So I'm personally very happy with my machine and believe it to be light and comfortable. If you're comfortable with a. $200 machine.... Swing it. If you want a $2000 machine....get one. To each there own but the T2 SE is very capable and the finds don't lie

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my T2 SE. I hunt mostly for coins in parks and school yards in Huntington Beach CA. There are overhead power lines, underground transformers cell towers... all over the place here and I can usually run the T2 75 to 85 on sensitivity with the disc at around 15 to 30 depending on how much I want to hear and it is never too sparky at these settings. I hit one of my favorite spots today and pulled 2 junk rings and 8 dollars in clad out. One dime at 10 + inches and a quarter at 9 or 10 inches. The rest fell between 4 and 6 inches.My T2 also gets a little goofy on some of the shallow targets telling me they are 5 or 6 inches deep but recovering at 2 inches. When this happens, listen to the machine when you are pin pointing, it may say 5" but when the squeal is high pitched I know I wont need to dig more than an inch or 2. Or I will also just get out the pro pointer and scan the ground where I pin pointed the target, you will know right away if it's only an inch or two deep, that's a non issue in my book. I've had the T2 for 2 months +/- and can tell you it walks all over my Omega 8000 for depth, and not in boost mode either. I've only ever had 1 machine deeper than the T2 and it was a lot deeper, but it's apples to oranges as the other machine was a Garret Infinium. Forget about school and park hunting with an Infinium, impulse detectors are too much here, vlf is the only way to go. Definitely NOT a waste of money buying a T2 SE.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can run my f75 at those settings also with no problems......but there is no gain over the atp at those settings. Actually the atp is deeper with 5x8 than f75 with 5.75 at those settings. I have tested them. And atp is more informative.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a T2 SE and love the machine. Hesitant to even post how well I like it. Took me a bit of time to realize that having to turn down the sensitivity was a must in areas with heavy EMI. Never wanted to turn it down enough until I tested it in my test garden. At 50 it still has better depth than other new detectors I have tested and do not recall ever having to go down that far. Great in iron and the ergonomics are awesome. The only thing wrong with the T2 now is finding the time to use it.

A word of advice....... Think about the squabbles and borderline attacks on each other. Being critical of a machine or it's performance is not meant as an insult to those who use it. Not talking about your Momma, and who really cares if they don't like a machine that you do. And to those who so freely criticize those machines a bit more tact would save a lot of sore toes. Gets pretty entertaining but seems to create members who look for reasons to snipe each other and tend to monopolize the threads posted by others.

Last edited:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TN if you look at the orginal post that started this thread it was by no means insulting , just an honest opinion open to each readers individual interpretation.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HH all

Last edited:

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This thread reminds me of the XBox/Playstation forums. One guy belongs in the thread, while another is around to flame and stir up trouble. If you don't have a T2 now or even like it.............why exactly are you here?

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had all three of those machines. Can't say the T2 or the Deus hit ANY target the ATP wouldn't hit. Save your money!

Now that's funny!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's funny!!!
Certainly not the experience I've had. My buddy with his AT Pro always asks me to check his iffy signals. But anyway I just must have a super sensitive T2 and my buddy got a lemon Pro :-) That must be it

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a great deal of thought, I think all who use the T2 SE should get rid of them. A very inferior machine that will lead to nothing but disappointment for all that use them. They have also been suspected of making the users feet stink. This is a dangerous situation that can only be rectified by selling your machines to Tnguns and his foul smelling friends at a fraction of what you gave for them (of coarse all accessories must be included). The use of Garrett will having you finding treasure with exact depth indications and will ignore iron just a high school beauty queen ignores a geek (As if it never even existed). Your immediate attention to this task will be greatly appreciated.

All in good fun and HH

Mark

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a great deal of thought, I think all who use the T2 SE should get rid of them. A very inferior machine that will lead to nothing but disappointment for all that use them. They have also been suspected of making the users feet stink. This is a dangerous situation that can only be rectified by selling your machines to Tnguns and his foul smelling friends at a fraction of what you gave for them (of coarse all accessories must be included). The use of Garrett will having you finding treasure with exact depth indications and will ignore iron just a high school beauty queen ignores a geek (As if it never even existed). Your immediate attention to this task will be greatly appreciated. All in good fun and HH Mark
Ha yes well said my friend! I will pay exactly $80 for every T2 SE that anybody would like to sell. Be doing you guys a favor. How much you paying Mark ?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a great deal of thought, I think all who use the T2 SE should get rid of them. A very inferior machine that will lead to nothing but disappointment for all that use them. They have also been suspected of making the users feet stink. This is a dangerous situation that can only be rectified by selling your machines to Tnguns and his foul smelling friends at a fraction of what you gave for them (of coarse all accessories must be included). The use of Garrett will having you finding treasure with exact depth indications and will ignore iron just a high school beauty queen ignores a geek (As if it never even existed). Your immediate attention to this task will be greatly appreciated. All in good fun and HH Mark
Ha I love it man. These guys are something else. Not a clue man :-)

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha yes well said my friend! I will pay exactly $80 for every T2 SE that anybody would like to sell. Be doing you guys a favor. How much you paying Mark ?

Shoot Abe, I will go as high as $82.50 if they have the big coil or 5x10 along with the two stock coils

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread