T2se Disappointing!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
It is amazing,..I haven't takin mine off since putting it on last yr. This summer I've found lots of nice finds with it. 5 -10k gold rings totalling 23grams, 25 silver coins, silver rings and lots of other jewelry too much to list. The small 5/8 coil on the AT Pro opens up a whole new world of detecting, and its pretty deep on the wet sand and in shallow water.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is amazing,..I haven't takin mine off since putting it on last yr. This summer I've found lots of nice finds with it. 5 -10k gold rings totalling 23grams, 25 silver coins, silver rings and lots of other jewelry too much to list. The small 5/8 coil on the AT Pro opens up a whole new world of detecting, and its pretty deep on the wet sand and in shallow water.

I would repost on the Garrett forum. The sharpshooter or 5 by 10 do the same for the t2. Like I said before if anyone were to post how much better brand x is on the Garrett forum they would have a melt down of epic proportions. All this thread has proved is we will never change anyone's mind by telling then they have to actually use different detectors to see the difference see first hand.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I didn't say x was better than x, I just posted a topic on someone comparing x coil to x coil in teknetics forum. Big deal. Don't get so upset.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to disagree with the post about the T2. The T2 is more a relic or gold machine, not a coin hunter. In our area the max depth for a ATP seems to be 8 inches which is no slouch. The ATP has great iron separation. The T2 easily pushes the 12 Inch barrier. It seems to perform best in All Metal mode. I have no preference to either machine. I know they both hunt well.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to mention that this is only the 6th time out with the T2.
I seen a friend take about 6 months to finally get the most out the T2. It is not turn on a go like the ATP. The ATP is so simple to use that its not a fair comparison. You have a super sensitive gold machine trying to use it like a ATP. My advice is to go all metal and turn the sens way down in town.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't say x was better than x, I just posted a topic on someone comparing x coil to x coil in teknetics forum. Big deal. Don't get so upset.

I'm far from upset. But after rereading your post it still looks like that is what your after too me. Like I said before you at pro guys are hilarious have fun.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen a friend take about 6 months to finally get the most out the T2. It is not turn on a go like the ATP. The ATP is so simple to use that its not a fair comparison. You have a super sensitive gold machine trying to use it like a ATP. My advice is to go all metal and turn the sens way down in town.
I thought I had mine pretty much figured out after a few months, boy was I wrong. Yes I was making great finds but I am so much better with it now. If you guys want the most out of your T2 SE watch a few of Beau Ouimettes YouTube vids. That guy is the master.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread