T2se Disappointing!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been using my T2se almost exclusively for 2mo now and I'm NOT that impressed. Doesn't work iron or separate any better than my ATP, hasn't revealed any targets any deeper than what I'm use to, depth indicator is off by a few inches on shallow targets, I find tone hunting more difficult than with almost any other detector I've used.

I DO NOT think it's a bad machine nor do I dislike it. Just expected more I guess! Oh well!

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my sentiments exactly fella...so far......but honestly I cant give a fair evaluation as my T2 is back in el paso for the second time in less than six months,for repairs

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for these opinions . As a cellar hole and field guy I have wanting to upgrade my ATP . I have kinda come down to the T2 or Deus. I hunt with a guy who has the T2 and must say my ATP with the 5x8 coil is no slouch. Originally liked the T2 due to its reputation for great depth and the Deus for its ability to hunt in iron. Your honesty is appreciated as some guys always think their machine is the best and won't give straight up reviews.

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an OMEGA 8000. Nice ergonomics and good on coins but just did not use it. I ended up selling it after a few months and put the money towards my eTrac.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys for these opinions . As a cellar hole and field guy I have wanting to upgrade my ATP . I have kinda come down to the T2 or Deus. I hunt with a guy who has the T2 and must say my ATP with the 5x8 coil is no slouch. Originally liked the T2 due to its reputation for great depth and the Deus for its ability to hunt in iron. Your honesty is appreciated as some guys always think their machine is the best and won't give straight up reviews.

I had all three of those machines. Can't say the T2 or the Deus hit ANY target the ATP wouldn't hit. Save your money!

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Been using my T2se almost exclusively for 2mo now and I'm NOT that impressed. Doesn't work iron or separate any better than my ATP, hasn't revealed any targets any deeper than what I'm use to, depth indicator is off by a few inches on shallow targets, I find tone hunting more difficult than with almost any other detector I've used.

I DO NOT think it's a bad machine nor do I dislike it. Just expected more I guess! Oh well!

In all honesty I have used and owned ALL of the Fishers and the TEK's except the G2. Most of fishers and teks I find a little chattery and didn't find the x-tra depth that some say. Only with the boost mode on some (all metal). They are all good detectors and light but I didn't find the depth. The Blisstool was a killer as my friend has one and was impressive,but at 1300$ ya gotta swallow hard when you sign the check. rwd mo

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all honesty I have used and owned ALL of the Fishers and the TEK's except the G2. Most of fishers and teks I find a little chattery and didn't find the x-tra depth that some say. Only with the boost mode on some (all metal). They are all good detectors and light but I didn't find the depth. The Blisstool was a killer as my friend has one and was impressive,but at 1300$ ya gotta swallow hard when you sign the check. rwd mo

Agreed. I found the Omega 8000 to be very quiet until it hit a target then if it was a coin it hit hard. I am not overly impressed with the F-75 I own. Yes it is light, has great ergonomics but it chatters badly and the numbers constantly jump around even on good targets. Most of the time I find I am hunting in "all metal" mode just to make sure I don't miss a target. Also I don't find it very good on the beaches around me. Depth seems good, sometimes 12" on coin sized targets however it never solidly locks on and again the sounds and numbers jump around so much. I will be selling this unit soon and putting the proceeds towards a CZ-21 as I do more beach/surf hunting now.

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I use the 6.5 x 9 concentric coil on the ATP for woods/relic hunting and find it very effective. The concentric is easier to pinpoint and gets a little more depth on targets. I also find it separates the trash just as well as the 5 x 8. Weight wise it is a little bit heavier but not much. Other than that, the 5 X 8 is always on my ATP. The F-75 also comes highly recommended for relics/feild hunting but based on my personal experiences of owning one, I would not recommend unless you like noise and chatter.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the atp references hilarious I have compared signals to many times on deep targets to buy anything your selling. If the atp is so good in the iron and the depth demon they are claimed to be you guys should put together a team and go win the Grand National Relic hunt that the t2 and f75 dominate. I would think garrrett would love to have that trophy. If your t2 or f75 is to chatty you have not learned to use it right. I personally feel sorry for anyone that reads threads like this that may have been looking at a t2 and is swayed to something like the atp. Just my opinion yours may vary.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had all three of those machines. Can't say the T2 or the Deus hit ANY target the ATP wouldn't hit. Save your money!
This is actually a pretty elite group that are no deeper than the atp. If memory serves me you have said the same about the mxt and the etrac and who knows what others. I would guess to say many and by many I would say most do not agree.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is actually a pretty elite group that are no deeper than the atp. If memory serves me you have said the same about the mxt and the etrac and who knows what others. I would guess to say many and by many I would say most do not agree.

Yep it's true, ALL get the about the same depth around here. Fact! Deal with it!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep it's true, ALL get the about the same depth around here. Fact! Deal with it!
A long long time ago people used to say the world was flat some thought it was a fact and they were wrong too. The fact that you prefer the atp proves nothing.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A long long time ago people used to say the world was flat some thought it was a fact and they were wrong too. The fact that you prefer the atp proves nothing.

Just because you believe something doesn't make it true! The fact that you prefer the T2 proves nothing!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because you believe something doesn't make it true! The fact that you prefer the T2 proves nothing!
Have you ever seen where I've said (Fact deal with it). I'm not trying to convince anyone anything that is a fact.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do YOU see where I referred to MY area? NOT to be read as an all inclusive statement?

Thanks for playin!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do YOU see where I referred to MY area? NOT to be read as an all inclusive statement?

Thanks for playin!
That is what everybody says. And your welcome. I still think you should put a team together and go get that trophy for garrett.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the atp references hilarious I have compared signals to many times on deep targets to buy anything your selling. If the atp is so good in the iron and the depth demon they are claimed to be you guys should put together a team and go win the Grand National Relic hunt that the t2 and f75 dominate. I would think garrrett would love to have that trophy. If your t2 or f75 is to chatty you have not learned to use it right. I personally feel sorry for anyone that reads threads like this that may have been looking at a t2 and is swayed to something like the atp. Just my opinion yours may vary.
Maybe you'd like tto buy my F75 ltd???? Cause its not finding much the atp missed.....Big coil-forget it! Small coil, better sttay under 85 on sense and above 6 on diisc....if not itt will false your A!# off! Bad thing is at these settings it is no deeper than the atp...and there is no way tp tell a mashed bottle cap ffrom a zinc penny....no way! The atp will give those BC's away everytime! If you could run the Fiisher at fulll throttle or even close, it would be a monster. Also, when turned up the fisher will grab small bits of rusty iron and id 70-85 on them! That sucks! I beleive my f75 will be finding a new home and i might look at a cz-3d to take its place....

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you'd like tto buy my F75 ltd???? Cause its not finding much the atp missed.....Big coil-forget it! Small coil, better sttay under 85 on sense and above 6 on diisc....if not itt will false your A!# off! Bad thing is at these settings it is no deeper than the atp...and there is no way tp tell a mashed bottle cap ffrom a zinc penny....no way! The atp will give those BC's away everytime! If you could run the Fiisher at fulll throttle or even close, it would be a monster. Also, when turned up the fisher will grab small bits of rusty iron and id 70-85 on them! That sucks! I beleive my f75 will be finding a new home and i might look at a cz-3d to take its place....
Which way is it in the Head to Head forum on the Garrett atp vs Fisher f75 you say the fisher is way deeper and way more comfortable and easier on batteries. It is almost like some just like to argue.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being more comfortable, better on batteries and having a back light ddont make it stable! And no sir, i dont want to argue but i also dont want someone else paying 1200 dollars for a machine they dont like using.....And it is deeper no doubt.....if you can turn it up and ddeal with the chatter. But it does not id nearly as good as the atp at any depth. Being deeper and being usably deeper in a real hunting enviironment are two different things! Not worth two ATpro's .......period!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread