Anyone using 5x10 elliptical for T2 yet ?

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there have been a couple of post concerning the new coil, but do not recall having seen many comments yet on the likes and or dislikes. Love using a closed coil vs the spider type in the stubble, weeds, and vines. They hang up much less often. Seems to me it would be idea for use anywhere the space to swing is limited. Love the little 5 inch and really impressed with it's depth, but just VERY small unless it is really tight to swing or terribly trashy. As much as I hunt in wooded and grown up areas I feel it may be a great primary coil. What say Ye?

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guns, you will luv this coil!!! I use it so much that I sold the 11"dd because there is hardly any difference in depth in the two. It separates so much better and swings even better than that. You will kick yourself if you don't pick one up bud. GL&HH..

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure appreciate the input fishstick. You are about the only one I know using one. How is he weight compared to the 11 DD ?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guns, you will luv this coil!!! I use it so much that I sold the 11"dd because there is hardly any difference in depth in the two. It separates so much better and swings even better than that. You will kick yourself if you don't pick one up bud. GL&HH..
That's great feedback fishstick! Appreciate it bud. Gonna have to order one up....soon

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well not on T2, but the 5 X 10 size is the stock on Omega, and in my opinion (having used a lot of detectors) is the optimal size, and shape. You've got separation, and manouverability of a 5, with the coverage of a 10. And as fishstick mentioned, I saw not appreciable depth gain by putting on the 11DD, a half inch MAX is not worth the loss of manouverability (between corn stalks, rocks, bushes etc.) or increase in weight.

It is the best coil shape / size.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread