T2 SE does well in the iron today

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a little Colonial hot spot today with the T2. After I dug a nice big Colonial button I decided to slow down and work the area slowly. Quite a bit of iron in this area and almost all of the targets were masked. They were all fairly deep as well. I was kinda wishing I had brought my 5" coil but the 11" did fine as I slowed way down and hit the area from different angles. Found 12 big buttons and a nice designed shoe buckle , also an 1802 Draped Bust. This little spot with lots of masked signals made me wonder how many times I've walked right through a great spot and not realized what I was in. Oh well...can't live in the past

image-62507586.jpg

image-2704976890.jpg

image-1734294074.jpg

image-2540454660.jpg

image-1504657117.jpg

image-2407574229.jpg

image-1758346624.jpg

image-4054957184.jpg

image-1052224307.jpg

image-2644470857.jpg

image-2627507616.jpg

image-3751522587.jpg

image-2912689216.jpg

image-3831385026.jpg

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, incredible finds you have there, I just bought a t2 a couple of weeks ago ( at gold is my other detector) I like to hunt fur trade relics in my area but am a little confused on the set up for deep searches in minimal trashy areas, any tips would be much appreciate, thanks and hh.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, incredible finds you have there, I just bought a t2 a couple of weeks ago ( at gold is my other detector) I like to hunt fur trade relics in my area but am a little confused on the set up for deep searches in minimal trashy areas, any tips would be much appreciate, thanks and hh.
I would put that baby in all metal and crank the sens up to 88 or so. It's going to be a bit annoying but you will get used to it. You will get max depth for sure. I generally manually ground balance when I hunt in all metal. If you can't take all the noise in am just switch to disc and put your sens up around 90 and you your disc down around 8. I much prefer hunting in 2+ tones.
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions. That's why were here

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks Ahab, did what you suggested today and went bushwackin. I also watched Beau's vids about the t2 and the learning curve is seems to be compressing. All metal for my hunts seem to be the way to go, my old ears find this machine talkin my talk (don't use headphones, when in the bush, but hey thats just me). I find that the t2's target id is alot more precise than the at gold. Do's that sound right? I put about 4 hours in between last evening and today and I will post the pics on todays finds in the next few days, nothing compared to your steller finds, but I am just workin my cabin property just to see if traders stopped here. My place seems to be more of a horse loggers spot which is cool enough for me. Ice and snow is headin my way next week but next spring will see me headin back up and down the river lookin for treasure. Thanks again and hh.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks Ahab, did what you suggested today and went bushwackin. I also watched Beau's vids about the t2 and the learning curve is seems to be compressing. All metal for my hunts seem to be the way to go, my old ears find this machine talkin my talk (don't use headphones, when in the bush, but hey thats just me). I find that the t2's target id is alot more precise than the at gold. Do's that sound right? I put about 4 hours in between last evening and today and I will post the pics on todays finds in the next few days, nothing compared to your steller finds, but I am just workin my cabin property just to see if traders stopped here. My place seems to be more of a horse loggers spot which is cool enough for me. Ice and snow is headin my way next week but next spring will see me headin back up and down the river lookin for treasure. Thanks again and hh.
Hey bud it sounds like you're in a great place to use all metal. Probably not much trash and you may get skunked a few times( I do) but if you find a keeper it should be a really nice find. I look forward to seeing your finds.
You may want to think about some good headphones. I use the Killer Bs. They allow you to hear some real faint noises and if it's windy or if you're buy a noisy river it can be tough to hear. I didn't buy any for about 6 months but really like em now. They also have a mute switch so when you're pinpointing you can kill all of the noise.
All the best, Abe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread