Indiana
Detector(s) used
Had: Tesoro Silver Umax.
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Minelab Equinox 600

Have: Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a Eurotek Pro a couple weeks ago I like it and have some questions. I'm using the 8'' concentric coil in mild ground. My target ID is not very accurate it usually bounces between 4-5 different numbers at almost all depths on coins is that normal? The ID seems so unreliable I don't use it I just listen for high tone. The ID works good in Air test though.
Also I don't understand the VCO tones how does it work, my hearing is kinda bad so I may be missing something obvious? There is a bunch of iron where I detect at should I get a DD coil for better target separation?
So far my deepest coin has been a penny at 6'' can I expect to get deeper coins? Sometimes my MD starts beeping and chirping a lot I figured it was EMI but it will sometimes not do it even at the same place with same sensitivity. Finally, any tips or tricks from more experienced people would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Numbers will bounce all over if there is more than 1 target. set sensitivity to 5 or 6 and try. do the 180 degree turn while watching the screen numbers. The detector will go deeper but only on larger objects. I once dug a piece of copper pipe at 13 inches. I have never experienced EMI with mine and I have my phone on my hip and also have swung while talking on it. I run sensitivity at 6-7 most of the time.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best ways to ID can slaw on my T2 is a poor VDI lock (bouncing numbers). Good items will such as coins will not always give a good VDI reading if deep or in heavy trash. Items that sound and pinpoint shallow yet will not give a fairly consistent VDI reading are usually pot metal, iron, or can slaw. Remember though, when in doubt "DIG".

PS. Use the information above with great caution. I am primarily a relic hunter and often pewter items and other relics will also be bouncy. Just don't want to cost you a good find by culling an item you should dig.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan1033

Dan1033

Jun 10, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Had: Tesoro Silver Umax.
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Minelab Equinox 600

Have: Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Papalittle, My yard is loaded with Iron so all my target IDs are probably wrong because of the Iron. Im probably missing a lot of coins that are shrouded by the iron. Great tips! I will have to try them out next time I MD.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Papalittle, My yard is loaded with Iron so all my target IDs are probably wrong because of the Iron. Im probably missing a lot of coins that are shrouded by the iron. Great tips! I will have to try them out next time I MD.

Set your discrimination above 39 to eliminate iron. Volume to 11 to stop beeps on iron too. Watch screen and see if "iron" flashes in the upper left corner.. if flashing it is detecting iron but move around the target and watch the numbers and if you get a solid signal most of the way without iron flashing DIG!

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The search coil see eveything in the ground under it so in trashy sites its going to give eradict t.i.d because the good signal is degraded by the metalic object next to it..In trash use small coils and hunt when its dry..Just go by tone i.d in trash,i dig even if its just a one way signal in trash because i know from testing that in trash you will sometimes only get a one way signal.its worth the effort to learn trashy sites,the trashier the less disc i use as i want to hear the trash too...S.T:blackbeard:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread