a lil help with the t2se

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first got the t2 I was useing it with out head phones and I was just digging good targets now that I'm useing head phones I'm digging nails.I have it in discrim sence at85 ,any higher it will hit tiny teenie things.The tone sounds good might be broken a bit and if I go in a different direction the tone is not as good.It hits buckles and buttons hard I was just thinking that if a good targets is in with nails how would it sound I was useing it near cellar holes I no I have to learn it like every other machine, but if there are any tricks it would be helpful thanks.

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the 5" coil in nail infested areas. You will be able to pick out the good signals from the bad if you go slow. You will hear the "grunt", "beep", "grunt" when you have a good signal between iron targets.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the 5" coil in nail infested areas. You will be able to pick out the good signals from the bad if you go slow. You will hear the "grunt", "beep", "grunt" when you have a good signal between iron targets.

Thanks for reply, I didn't have the small coil with me.it was away from the hole, it would sound good then it would grunt ,I only had disc at 10 .I dug nails with every detector I used.So its just a learning curve, but I will say this thing hits the smallest thing, I pulled the smallest nail out I ever seen and yesterday it hit a single pellet from a bird shot round which had to be 4to5 inches .thanks again.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah get used to digging small pellets at a few inches. Sometimes it's almost too sensitive. Usually I know it's a nail when I hit it from 90 degrees to the side. It will either be a very crackly signal and it will almost always give a very different jumpy number. I still get fooled from time to time when there's a nail that's bent almost in a circle but other than that it's usually a dead give away when I hit it from the side. If there is a good target in the iron you can normally isolate it if you get the coil in just the right spot...especially with the 5" coil. The small coil is a must in the trashy sites and is very impressive. Good luck

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something I've noticed is if you have to work to make it sound good it is'nt usually any good. Are the nails your digging giving numbers that jump from good to really low numbers? I hunt a ghosttown with more nails than I've seen anywhere else and my t2 works best there in 2 tone sense around 75 to 80 and disc at 10. Seems anything more than 2 tone in the heavy nails falses high tones to much for me try 2 tone it might help.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good tips,that's what I was looking for.I wasn't really looking at the I'd a hole lot,just was listening to the sounds I'll take your tips and give them a try thanks.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Something I've noticed is if you have to work to make it sound good it is'nt usually any good. .

Agreed! I use 2 tone on the T2 and F75. If it repeats and solid its a digger! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread