Teknetics Delta 4000

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can go ebay and find a like new gamma 6000 for $195.00 -$235.00 most any time as i just sold 0ne friday for $223.00 because i had 2 of them..Gorund balance manual/ground grab.Notch and disc,can pick from 1-4 tones and true all metal that use the i.d numbers in all metal mode.A deep machine as today i buried a silver dollar at a measured 9" and with stock 8" coil it was just as deep as my t2 with its stock 11" big breast @ 3" plus above the surface ..i use it more than my t2 or cz6a because it so light and it has notch and the other 2 don't..
Got a newused 9.5" nel sharp shooter coming in this week of ebay for $73.00 and a 10" elliptical with lower shaft for $45.00..A lot of machine with plenty of coil options and its every bit as hot as the omega 8000. Also have an alpha 2000 and it good machine and just as deep,just not near as many features and no G.B.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The TK Delta 4000 has two all metal search modes plus the discrimination mode. The specs and internet posts I've seen say two search modes meaning disc & all metal but often don't mention the dual all metal modes; A1 and A2.

I just got a used one three days ago. I haven't found anything great yet but I've only used it for a little more than a day.
I haven't really used the all metal modes much but from what I have read, A1 is an autotune mode which adjusts to the ground mineralization and can pick up very deep targets. A2 is supposed to knock out ground noise but not metal targets. It's not quite as deep as A1.

I prefer the disc mode for the type of hunting I do.

It also has a great pinpoint feature. You just push the button and zero right in on your target. There's some information going around online that says you hover over your target until you see the highest number. This is incorrect. It's actually the LOWEST number you want. That's how mine works. I called First Texas tech department to verify this fact and make sure there wasn't a glitch of any kind with my machine.
Plus, the pitch gets higher as you near the target. You just can't miss with this thing. It sometimes sounds like a siren if you get too close to the ground on shallow targets. If you raise it up a few inches you can really narrow it down to an exact spot.

It runs on just one 9V battery and they really last; supposedly up to 25 hours but I'm assuming that's if you're using headphones, which I only do in really noisy areas. I've been burning through batteries like crazy and now my cost has now been cut by a little more than half.

I LOVE this machine already. I hit some spots that I had previously hunted to see if I could find anything I missed, and I definitely did. I dug 4 coins at around 7-8 inches on EDGE, including two dimes and a penny; and I'm using the stock 8" coil. I'm very impressed. I've been using a BH Land Star clone for a while and there's just no comparison. This machine hits DEEP.

I was digging clad all day long and couldn't walk three feet without finding the next coin. I also dug up another ring. It's junk but it's still a ring. It was deep and it's really small but it rang out loud and clear. I notched out the zinc pennies after digging 13 of them and I didn't dig another one for the rest of the day. It works very well. For the money it's a nice machine. Plus, I got mine really cheap which makes it even better.

I've already decided that my next upgrade WILL be another Teknetics machine. I'm thinking the T2 SE is one I could definitely get used to based on what I've heard here and elsewhere. In the meantime I'm thinking about getting an 11" DD coil for this one to see what it can do. If I'm digging sideways coins with the 8" coil the 11" should perform even better.

It's also extremely simple to operate. It took me about 30 minutes (if that) to figure it out and start digging targets. Plus, it's SO lightweight. You can swing this thing for a week and never get tired. I believe it weighs 2.2 lbs.

I would definitely recommend this machine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The TK Delta 4000 has two all metal search modes plus the discrimination mode. The specs and internet posts I've seen say two search modes meaning disc & all metal but often don't mention the dual all metal modes; A1 and A2.

I just got a used one three days ago. I haven't found anything great yet but I've only used it for a little more than a day.
I haven't really used the all metal modes much but from what I have read, A1 is an autotune mode which adjusts to the ground mineralization and can pick up very deep targets. A2 is supposed to knock out ground noise but not metal targets. It's not quite as deep as A1.

I prefer the disc mode for the type of hunting I do.

It also has a great pinpoint feature. You just push the button and zero right in on your target. There's some information going around online that says you hover over your target until you see the highest number. This is incorrect. It's actually the LOWEST number you want. That's how mine works. I called First Texas tech department to verify this fact and make sure there wasn't a glitch of any kind with my machine.
Plus, the pitch gets higher as you near the target. You just can't miss with this thing. It sometimes sounds like a siren if you get too close to the ground. If you raise it up a few inches you can really narrow it down to an exact spot.

It runs on just one 9V battery and they really last; supposedly up to 25 hours but I'm assuming that's if you're using headphones, which I only do in really noisy areas. That's a big plus for me because I've been burning through batteries like crazy. My cost has now been cut by a little more than half.

I LOVE this machine already. I hit some spots that I had previously hunted to see if I could find anything I missed, and I definitely did. I dug 4 coins at around 7-8 inches on their SIDES, including two dimes and a penny and I'm using the stock 8" coil. I'm very impressed. I've been using a BH Land Star clone for a while and there's just no comparison. This machine hits DEEP.

I was digging clad all day long and couldn't walk three feet without finding the next coin. I also dug up another ring. It's junk but it's still a ring. It was deep and it's really small but it rang out loud and clear. I notched out the zinc pennies after digging 13 of them and I didn't dig another one for the rest of the day. It works very well. For the money it's a nice machine. Plus, I got mine really cheap which makes it even better.

I've already decided that my next upgrade WILL be another Teknetics machine. I'm thinking the T2 is one I could definitely get used to based on what I've heard here and elsewhere. In the meantime I'm thinking about getting an 11" DD coil for this one to see what it can do. If I'm digging sideways coins with the 8" the 11" should perform even better.

It's also extremely simple to operate. It took me about 30 minutes to figure it out and start digging targets. Plus, it's SO lightweight. You can swing this thing for a week and never get tired. I believe it weighs 2.2 lbs.

I would definitely recommend this machine.

Thanks for the review..the best...you made me make up my mind to get one. thanks again. HH

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the review..the best...you made me make up my mind to get one. thanks again. HH

You're welcome. I'm just speaking from my own experience.

I've used this machine for a week but have had very little actual daylight. I found three rings, one of them silver and two junk. I've also just killed the clad with it. I finally feel like I'm not passing over targets.

Today I dug a very small silver charm that my other machines probably never would have found. I double checked the hole and even found a piece of the thin wire that held it on the bracelet. This thing finds TINY targets. I actually dug that third junk ring today as well just before dark. The SMALL silver ring I dug was 6-7 inches down but rang out loud and clear.

Keep in mind, I've been using the BH machines and this thing just amazes me in comparison. It's like taking a quantum leap in hunting. I have zero experience with any other detectors (except an old HORRIBLE one). I also can't imagine having any reason to use my old machines now that I've gotten this one.

I only wish now that I would have started with it. I can only imagine how much more I would have found. But, when I started , I knew nothing so we live and learn. I've had plenty of fun from day one so I'm happy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My new Delta 4000 from Kellyco is on its way and will be here in a few day! if it as good as people say the my Ace 250 and my F2 are going up for sale.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My new Delta 4000 from Kellyco is on its way and will be here in a few day! if it as good as people say the my Ace 250 and my F2 are going up for sale.
Gotta keep the f2 for back up and a loaner when a newbie wants to go with you..:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta keep the f2 for back up and a loaner when a newbie wants to go with you..:thumbsup:

Naw keeping the Eurotek Pro as back up as I do not like the F2.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Delta is a great machine especially for low mineralization soils. I have multiple high end machines and the Delta has no problem keeping up with them in low mineral soils! In my opinion it is better than the F2 by far, and almost equal to the ETP.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You'll love it. It won't let you down.

I found three more rings this weekend with mine; one silver, one 18K and another gold one with what I believe are 12 diamonds and 4 sapphires. I'm getting it checked out this week and I'll post an update. I think I'm still in shock.

Ring # 16 002.JPG Ring # 17 and A Little More Silver Oct. 11 2014 001.JPG

Ring # 18 GOLD 001.JPG Rings 19&20, Silver & Gold 001.JPG

These are from just under two weeks and I'm barely hunting after work anymore because there's no daylight left. I'm spending less than half the time I was when the days were longer plus I've been sick and not even spending a whole lotta' time on weekends. But, the Delta found all of these in the limited time I've hunted.

I still can't believe it. It even found that little piece of silver wire. The "nugget" ring is a fake. I know this because the gold paint is really peeling off. ;)
I haven't had a run like this in months and I feel like I'm hunting at a whole new level.

Btw, 18K is ringing in around 53 on mine so when you get it, be sure to dig those trashy foil signals. You'll dig some foil and other trash but you just may get some gold while you're at it. You'll definitely pick up lots of nickels and easily sniff out tiny targets. Deep pinky rings are no match for the Delta.

It just LOVES sniffing out those rings. So far, I'm really impressed and hopefully, you will be too.
I have a feeling you're gonna' do very well with yours as well.

I see you already have a Euroteck Pro. According to the side by side comparison chart on metaldetector.com, these two machines are very close in what they can do. They both supposed to hit a US quarter at 8 or 9". IMO, in wet soil you can even hit a little deeper, depending on the target and conditions. Either way, 9" ain't too shabby on a bad day.

I've never used the ETP but that was also on my list before scoring the Delta. I'm assuming that if you like the ETP, you'll like the Delta as well. I hope it really lives up to your expectations and more.

Good luck & HH with your new toy. Post some pics of your finds.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the numerical display to be too small on the Delta. If you have a ETP and want notch, you may look into the Land Ranger Pro. Like a ETP on steroids. It can be had for less than $300 and has an adjustable notch. Of course you can't interchange coils, if that's your intent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread