My Deepest Good Recovery Yet

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never do this but I had to post this. I hit a great colonial area today that had super deep targets. I don't think I dug a target under 7" today. Anyway I got just a tiny blip of a signal that really wasn't a tone at all but it was something. I had to take a pic of my pointer buried 4" or so below the surface. This button must've been 14" deep. I was pretty shocked. I've dug an LC at about 12" but this was the deepest yet. If you're in a good site and you get any lil beep you just dig it. I never would have dug this if I wasn't in a hot spot image-2443863552.jpg image-2713388560.jpg So here's a pic of my pointer down where the button was and then the big old button after it's out. Teknetics is really killing it. So happy I chose the T2 SE as my first machine

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never do this but I had to post this. I hit a great colonial area today that had super deep targets. I don't think I dug a target under 7" today. Anyway I got just a tiny blip of a signal that really wasn't a tone at all but it was something. I had to take a pic of my pointer buried 4" or so below the surface. This button must've been 14" deep. I was pretty shocked. I've dug an LC at about 12" but this was the deepest yet. If you're in a good site and you get any lil beep you just dig it. I never would have dug this if I wasn't in a hot spot View attachment 1062760 View attachment 1062761 So here's a pic of my pointer down where the button was and then the big old button after it's out. Teknetics is really killing it. So happy I chose the T2 SE as my first machine
I find the easier the digging the deeper the digging, nice find at that dept.I was wondering what your disc is set at?I been at 10, but dig a lot of nails.I know that's the nature of the beast I also took my etrac over where I been with the t2, nothing more, well just nails so I'm happy. I did pull out a old skeleton key, a cool button and a lc at 9" ,I couldn't read it but its old.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an awesome find and incredible depth.
Congrats.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the easier the digging the deeper the digging, nice find at that dept.I was wondering what your disc is set at?I been at 10, but dig a lot of nails.I know that's the nature of the beast I also took my etrac over where I been with the t2, nothing more, well just nails so I'm happy. I did pull out a old skeleton key, a cool button and a lc at 9" ,I couldn't read it but its old.
Dandut I set my disc at 18 normally. This soil was super nice digging right beside a river and an old well. The nails are always gonna be a pain but if were not digging some were prob missing good stuff. I can usually tell if it's a nail when I hit it from a different direction but if one is bent it's tough.
I've also had deep signals that I thought were nails and pulled out small buttons or had the signal clean up after getting some dirt off the top and dug a coin. You just never know. If it's an old site I generally just dig it

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dandut I set my disc at 18 normally. This soil was super nice digging right beside a river and an old well. The nails are always gonna be a pain but if were not digging some were prob missing good stuff. I can usually tell if it's a nail when I hit it from a different direction but if one is bent it's tough.
I've also had deep signals that I thought were nails and pulled out small buttons or had the signal clean up after getting some dirt off the top and dug a coin. You just never know. If it's an old site I generally just dig it
OK great not to high, that's what I wanted to.no. some machines you run it high.I no that nails get threw, bent and swirly ones will get you all the time .I have some nice rivers around here that I do good at, the soil is real sithy and the detector hits deep.Got a nice long weekend coming up, hope to get some hours in with the t2.there's a nice lost village with cellar holes every were they were hit many times, but there's a lot of ground to cover,that's why I got the t2, to move faster and cover more ground.a you really got to think out side the box around here to find a virgin site there's a guy around here that be doing it for years which he actually made a living doing it.I traveled miles and miles in every direction to find out someone has been there and coins don't grow back, but hey theres plenty of untouched fields to hunt in.OK thanks for the info I'll try it out.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Abe, I have started watching the iron graph a bit more on those kind of signals. Most of the time I can just tell an iron nail by the sound and jumpy VDI but definitely still dig a few. On the deep stuff it often iron grunts a little on a good target but just has that "dig me anyway sound" I think as we learn more and more about the T2 SE that we will continue to pick up tricks. The iron graph really seems to give away the rotting steel cans. As bad as I hate to admit it, I just recently even started paying attention to it. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread