woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Might find larger nuggets, but it's not gonna hit on the tiny stuff. For real gold prospecting you need a ground balanced all metals mode, and preferably a higher operating frequency (for example the Teknetics G2). The Omega is okay for casual gold prospecting.

OP
OP
Kamorle

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
I'm kinda stuck with what I can buy locally as I'm at no one place for any amount of time with my work. I can get a garret at pro.. how about that?

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Delta is not a gold machine and the at pro either...A teknetics G2 is a gold machine that can and does work great on coins,but it is a gold machine.Same with the fisher Gold bug pro,gold machine but also can hunt coins..Never buy a coin machine with intentions of it as a primary gold machine and coin second..go gold machine that also will coin hunt....Oh and the tesoro lobo supertrag is a good one too,but its not programmable like the more modern G2 & Gold Bug pro.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like stated it is not designed for that purpose, just keep the Delta in all metal mode A1 or A2 for tough soils and it should find the bigger nuggets. The Delta is pretty sensitive but not built for tiny gold, which most gold is.

OP
OP
Kamorle

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
Delta is not a gold machine and the at pro either...A teknetics G2 is a gold machine that can and does work great on coins,but it is a gold machine.Same with the fisher Gold bug pro,gold machine but also can hunt coins..Never buy a coin machine with intentions of it as a primary gold machine and coin second..go gold machine that also will coin hunt....Oh and the tesoro lobo supertrag is a good one too,but its not programmable like the more modern G2 & Gold Bug pro.

The store with the at pro also sells the at gold. But the guy running the place is telling me that the pro is better for finding gold here on the coast because its not as sensitive to salt water interface. The at gold frequency is 18 kHz and the pro is 15 khz, not a huge difference. The pro comes with a slightly larger double D coil which might give more depth but reduce the sensitivity to the small nuggets. I have been looking at YouTube videos and find more gold found with the pro then the at gold. The ding sound from the pro might drive me crazy though. I have made my mind to get one of the Garrett at's because they are water proof and in my price range.

OP
OP
Kamorle

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
Thanks for your advice guys. I think I'm getting off track. No delta 4000 for me that much is clear.;-) switching to another forum for my final decision on the at pro or at gold.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
AT pro can be used for prospecting. It will find sub gram nuggets. And as far as the dinging sound of the AT pro, it doesn't ding in pro zero mode which is the mode meant for gold and the mode you should be hunting nuggets with. Standard mode has the annoying "ding"/bell tone

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
The Teknetics 4000 has a frequency of 7.8khz which is geared towards coins/higher conductive targets. The AT Pro and AT Gold's higher frequency are geared more towards lower conductive targets for gold jewelry and gold nuggets.

OP
OP
Kamorle

Kamorle

Jun 26, 2013
The Teknetics 4000 has a frequency of 7.8khz which is geared towards coins/higher conductive targets. The AT Pro and AT Gold's higher frequency are geared more towards lower conductive targets for gold jewelry and gold nuggets.

Yea I figured that out.. now just have to chose between the 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread