Incoming Eurotek Pro

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi everyone, just thought I would say I have a Eurotek Pro 8" incoming. So I though I would share some back-story and get some more opinions

It wasn't my first choice, but being outside USA it is extremely difficult to find shops who are allowed AND willing to ship out USA.
My first choice would have been a Tesoro uMax- I just love the small, simple and light design.

I have a $900 White's ID300 which works well in the water and wet sand, but on the downside its fairly heavy , the earphones are uncomfortable after a while. I wanted something I can just grab and take down the beach with a beer or go hiking with after work.
Also something I can chuck in suitcase and take with me on holidays around Asia.

My first detector was an ACE 150, it was my starter model, it was OK for dry sand and it paid for itself very quickly. But I gave it away to my dad to play with the grandkids with.

So, I wanted something to replace the Ace 150, perhaps slightly better but not much more expensive.

I narrowed my choices down to
Tesoro uMax
Fisher F2
Teknetics Alpha 2000, Delta 4000, Eurotek and Eurotek Pro.

Unit: a brand name, small head unit, and weight (~1kg), price <$250
Detecting in: dry sand ( 'so-so' in wet sand is a bonus) and parks predominately in low trash areas for coins and jewelry.

However, all of these brands are unavailable for export from Kellyco ( which is where I bought my Whites ID300 from)
So I sent some enquiries out and found metaldetector.com was able to ship Teknetics and Fisher.

So I looked at some reviews, comments here and some Youtube videos ( big thanks to everybody who posts information about products) and settled on the Eurotek Pro. Though I have no doubt the F2 would perform equally as well. The Pro has a slightly smaller unit head for easier storage.

It was a little confusing to choose from 4 Teknetics products which are all priced within ~$120 of each other. So I settled on the Eurotek Pro, mainly because there was a video of a guy using one in the wet sand and lakes. Also, because of the waterproof coil?

I chose the 8" coil instead of the 11" DD. Mainly to save money, but I have seen the main advantage is depth, better discrimination on multiple targets and pin pointing. However, from videos etc it seems the 8" will still go down OK.

Well there you have it, thanks for reading according to the USPS standard delivery is 8-10 days normally without customs interference.

Well I hope I have made the right choice with the supplier and the Teknetics. So far I have imported 2 detectors without any problem so I hope to be HH soon.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, just thought I would say I have a Eurotek Pro 8" incoming. So I though I would share some back-story and get some more opinions It wasn't my first choice, but being outside USA it is extremely difficult to find shops who are allowed AND willing to ship out USA. My first choice would have been a Tesoro uMax- I just love the small, simple and light design. I have a $900 White's ID300 which works well in the water and wet sand, but on the downside its fairly heavy , the earphones are uncomfortable after a while. I wanted something I can just grab and take down the beach with a beer or go hiking with after work. Also something I can chuck in suitcase and take with me on holidays around Asia. My first detector was an ACE 150, it was my starter model, it was OK for dry sand and it paid for itself very quickly. But I gave it away to my dad to play with the grandkids with. So, I wanted something to replace the Ace 150, perhaps slightly better but not much more expensive. I narrowed my choices down to Tesoro uMax Fisher F2 Teknetics Alpha 2000, Delta 4000, Eurotek and Eurotek Pro. Unit: a brand name, small head unit, and weight (~1kg), price <$250 Detecting in: dry sand ( 'so-so' in wet sand is a bonus) and parks predominately in low trash areas for coins and jewelry. However, all of these brands are unavailable for export from Kellyco ( which is where I bought my Whites ID300 from) So I sent some enquiries out and found metaldetector.com was able to ship Teknetics and Fisher. So I looked at some reviews, comments here and some Youtube videos ( big thanks to everybody who posts information about products) and settled on the Eurotek Pro. Though I have no doubt the F2 would perform equally as well. The Pro has a slightly smaller unit head for easier storage. It was a little confusing to choose from 4 Teknetics products which are all priced within ~$120 of each other. So I settled on the Eurotek Pro, mainly because there was a video of a guy using one in the wet sand and lakes. Also, because of the waterproof coil? I chose the 8" coil instead of the 11" DD. Mainly to save money, but I have seen the main advantage is depth, better discrimination on multiple targets and pin pointing. However, from videos etc it seems the 8" will still go down OK. Well there you have it, thanks for reading according to the USPS standard delivery is 8-10 days normally without customs interference. Well I hope I have made the right choice with the supplier and the Teknetics. So far I have imported 2 detectors without any problem so I hope to be HH soon. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

I have been using the eurotek pro exclusively since May and it has been a great machine. Coins from 6"+. My buddies hunt with etracs and ctxs. And they all comment how
Well my little $200 machine works. You are going to have a great time with it

One tip for using it. Leave the discrimination at 0. And change the volume so the iron tones are very low. I noticed that when I had the disc at 39 it would filter out the iron but I would
Miss targets that were right next to iron. The iron was masking the good targets. Since running at 0. I have pulled many coins from the same holes that iron nails were in

Good luck and HH

Bob

OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Thanks Bob, will do.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've not taken my ET Pro out on a real hunt, but I might have to give it a chance. I bought it as a "guest" detector. I took it out and tested it, and it seems like a fine machine.

OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Sweet! I've seen some videos and read more reviews. It does seem a fine machine. Although the real test will be wet sand - hopeful but not expecting!! I must stress.

Still waiting for Mr postman at this time.

Will posy pics of my first hunt and comments

OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Well it arrived!
And I already scored a gold ring!
Yep, arrived beautifully packed from metal detectors.com. I quickly assembled it and headed for the beach.
It has no problems on the dry sand and I got coins typically down to about 6-8 inches.
I found a lot of stuff on the wet sand too, but it was very chattery and you can't pinpoint due to noise.
However I did manage to find 2 rings and a silver bracelet in the wave-washed wet sand.
Overall pretty happy with performance. Love the weight.
On the downside, they should include an arm Velcro strap and I found the pin point button a little cumbersome to use, it's easy for your finger to slip off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414561292.264594.jpg

OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Ring is marked 18k75000, so assume it's 18k white gold.
Also engraved if you recognize it as yours pst me

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414561343.127635.jpg

About 5 hours worth, many foreign coins including Russia, Argentina and Thailand.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet ring and bracelet finds.
You're gonna' do good with your new Tek. I just started using a Delta recently and I love it.

It'll get better and better the more you use it. Sounds like you're in a great location for hunting treasure.

Congrats on a great machine as well as your sweet 18K gold and silver. Those are great finds for you first Eurotek hunt or any hunt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kezhk

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Hey guys quick update. My eurotek is going strong. ( which is more than I can say for my Whites Beachmaster)
I found another goldy! In the wet sand none the less.
I should point out that this machine is NOT a wet sand / beach machine in anyway.
Where this machine excels for me is to put it in a backpack and take it up hiking in the hills, which I have done several times and found relics and old coins.
IMG_20141111_192423100[1].jpg

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another happy customer. Glad you are having the same success as me with the etp

Bob

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ETPro has impressed me enough to have to get one. I have owned a Silver Umax...a comparable machine...and if u put the DD coil on the ETPro...it will go deeper and seperate much better. You also have a vdi readout and multi tones. Going to be hard to beat for 300 bucks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions