T2 SE in All Metal

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any of you with a T2 haven't watched Beau Ouimettes YouTube vids on the T2 SE set up for All a Metal you really should. I decided to go to a site that I and many others have pounded to death. I set up my machine the same way as Beau. Hunted in am and the first find was a mercury dime that was prob 8" deep. A little while later I pulled a coin from 8-9". Haven't cleaned it up yet but prob an indian head by the look of the patina. Then I nailed a beautiful old round ball at 10-12". This is stuff that I and others have missed numerous times. All metal is a lot deeper that disc mode. If you can deal with all the noise and go nice and slow you'll be rewarded. Now I have to go back to all my old sites and start over lol

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe, try running the hum level at -3 to -6. I often leave it at 0 but have found it much less taxing on the ole noggin to turn it down. Will still ground balance at the lower hum levels ok . Even though it is silent it sounds off when lowered. Tested it a few times on targets both ways and doesn't seem to have much if any effect on depth. I am running the sensitivity in the 91-96 range and ground balance it about one number positive (when true GB is 60 I set at 61). Sometimes the ground balance is a pain, especially in an area with uneven ground, but easy to thumb the knob the right direction just by the sound changes when you get used to it. Amazing how I also just really started devoting more time to the all metal hunting about the same time you did. Certainly believe it will be the berries when scouting for sites. I have hunted with it many times in the past but just seem to tire of it quickly. Now that I have gotten use to it, I can honestly say I kind of enjoy it even in a bit of trash. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions