Teknetics T2SE advice on how to run it. Thanks in advance!

myrtlebeach

Jan 13, 2013
Lynchburg, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using my T2SE for a couple of months now. A couple of things i have noticed and maybe you could answer. It seems sometimes the detector just starts sounding off in all metal for no reason. Sensitivity at 85-90. If I lower the sensitivity will this stop that from happening and how much depth do you lose when lowering sensitivity? I do feel pretty comfortable relic hunting with the T2SE in all metal in relatively clean sites. In discriminate mode at about 34 in 2+ tones it seems to get so chattery I worry about what i may be missing in areas with more trash like a park. And I also worry about losing depth in disc mode where some of the older coins might be deeper. Any advice on how to use sensitivity, discrimination or how to get the most out of the detector would be great. Thanks

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I replied to this post on the other thread. Sorry I didn't notice this first

goldman55

Sep 25, 2010
cincinnati
Detector(s) used
T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run mine at 77 sen's, Dics at 7 Run in 3 or 2+ seems to work for me on the 3 if you have a deep coin it will give you that real low high pitch. Then i work it. Switch to all metal sometime anyway seems like theirs always a coin their.

Bill

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been using my T2SE for a couple of months now. A couple of things i have noticed and maybe you could answer. It seems sometimes the detector just starts sounding off in all metal for no reason. Sensitivity at 85-90. If I lower the sensitivity will this stop that from happening .
…Well the best way to find out if lowering the sensitivity will stop the chattering…IS lower the sensitivity….Then you will have your answer..

digitanyway

Greenie
Aug 24, 2014
Sweet Home Oregon
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 se, Whites gm3, Garrett at gold, Garrett at Max, GMT,
and others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using my T2SE for a couple of months now. A couple of things i have noticed and maybe you could answer. It seems sometimes the detector just starts sounding off in all metal for no reason. Sensitivity at 85-90. If I lower the sensitivity will this stop that from happening and how much depth do you lose when lowering sensitivity? I do feel pretty comfortable relic hunting with the T2SE in all metal in relatively clean sites. In discriminate mode at about 34 in 2+ tones it seems to get so chattery I worry about what i may be missing in areas with more trash like a park. And I also worry about losing depth in disc mode where some of the older coins might be deeper. Any advice on how to use sensitivity, discrimination or how to get the most out of the detector would be great. Thanks

If this detector did not chatter, then it would not be the awesome detector that it is. Chatter means very sensitive. Without a lot of sensitivity you would not have very much depth. When my detector is chattering I know that it is not missing anything. Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread