question about the T2?

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am really looking into purchasing a T2,my question is it is supposed to hit on hot rocks can you ground balance the T2 on the rocks and get it to knock them out? my 2nd question is i cant find what the depth meter is supposed to read, how many inches,and how is built quality is . and is this really a deep sinking metal detector? and is it good in iron like they say?thanks for any info

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am really looking into purchasing a T2,my question is it is supposed to hit on hot rocks can you ground balance the T2 on the rocks and get it to knock them out? my 2nd question is i cant find what the depth meter is supposed to read, how many inches,and how is built quality is . and is this really a deep sinking metal detector? and is it good in iron like they say?thanks for any info
Ok I'm gonna try to answer what I can for questions. Yes it is a very deep machine, especially in all metal. The build quality I believe to be very good. It's very comfortable, light, and weighted well. I have had to send mine in once but I also best the hell out of mine and they were awesome and got it back quickly. It is very sensitive and has a very fast processing speed which makes it good in iron, especially with the 5" coil. It will find no ferrous targets in an iron infested area. It takes a bit of practice but when you get the hang of it it's a beast in the trash and iron. You just gotta slow down and really pay attention. I'm not sure what you're asking about the depth meter. Yes it has one and when you pin point the target it will give you a depth reading. Prob the only bad point about this machine is that the vdi can be off a bit. But that's mostly on deep targets that it can't get a good lock on. Targets that most machines will miss. As for the hot rocks I have no idea but would doubt you can knock them out. I've never dealt with them here in Maine. I have only been detecting a little over a year and this was my first machine. It has treated me way better than I ever dreamed and I have found things beyond my wildest dreams. If you learn this machine you will kick ass with it. Good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
kyskinner

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Ahab8 for info

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Agree with Abe on the T2. Just don't try to run it too hot at first and you will love it. Even with the sensitivity down you still get really good depth. Build you a test garden and you will be shocked at the depth with settings as low as 50 or 60. Until you get a good grasp on what the audio is telling you it makes it much less frustrating to use without the chatter that the higher sensitivity settings can bring. Try to keep your sensitivity in the 70 to 80 range at first. Hot rocks read in the high 90's and break up a little in discriminate. A hard hitting audio and high VDI reading that gives bouncy numbers is a good clue. Really easy to tell hot rocks in all metal as they give a very distinct "boing" sound. Took me a while to trust the iron meter on mine, but will sure save you in the areas where rotting steel cans are an issue. They can really fool ya on the T2 but will give a definite "stacking" on the iron meter (Fe2 O4). The T2 is actually a pretty easy machine to learn. Much less complicated than some of the competitors upper end machines.

OP
OP
kyskinner

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks TNGUNS for info

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The newest version is just starting to ship to dealers. The DST EMI reduction, FA process and ferrous tones options should make this an even better relic detector.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions