Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,

We sold this to Gary, and I just got off the phone with him. Long story short, for the sake of anyone who finds this thread via a search - if the serial number isn't embedded in the software it's not the newest version.

The machine we shipped him was supposed to be the newest version, it was received by me after the latest updates were released. Somehow this one slipped through the cracks on the supply end and an old version reached me, which was then shipped to him. :BangHead: We are getting a new machine shipped to him ASAP.

Thanks diggininms for your input.... :).

Gary - thank you for your patience with us while we get them swapped, and am sorry that you will not be hunting with it this weekend.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,

We sold this to Gary, and I just got off the phone with him. Long story short, for the sake of anyone who finds this thread via a search - if the serial number isn't embedded in the software it's not the newest version.

The machine we shipped him was supposed to be the newest version, it was received by me after the latest updates were released. Somehow this one slipped through the cracks on the supply end and an old version reached me, which was then shipped to him. :BangHead: We are getting a new machine shipped to him ASAP.

Gary - thank you for your patience with us while we get them swapped, and am sorry that you will not be hunting with it this weekend.
No problem i was just trying to help him out. I need help with with the t2 myself lol im learning. Ive read the manual two or three times now and find something new each time. Your welcome. Didnt mean nothing mean towards no one.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem i was just trying to help him out. I need help with with the t2 myself lol im learning. Ive read the manual two or three times now and find something new each time. Your welcome. Didnt mean nothing mean towards no one.

No offense taken on my part. I do genuinely appreciate you trying to help, and I'm sure Gary was thankful too. :) The best part about Tnet is there really are a bunch of good people here like you and Gary. I'm sorry if it somehow sounded in any way other than positive toward you.

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: what can air test you all get with upgrade t2 on a nickel in all metal 99 sens

Last edited:

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense taken on my part. I do genuinely appreciate you trying to help, and I'm sure Gary was thankful too. :) The best part about Tnet is there really are a bunch of good people here like you and Gary. I'm sorry if it somehow sounded in any way other than positive toward you.
Thanks alot. I was just trying to help glad yall got it worked out!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,

Good on ya for taking care of our boy Gary. Mistakes happen all the time. It's how we deal with them that matters

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have no Worries... Keith @ Fort Bedford and Felix @ First Texas are first rate in my book.
Gary

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though I haven't dealt with Keith I've heard nothing but great things. As for First Texas....they are a great company and have taken care of me very well. Now I have an F75 LTD as a backup so it would be as painful to ship my T2 out. I still love me T2 more. It did find me my dream coin after all :-)

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya Abe
That upgrade is supposed to kick butt...and when your baby comes back she will be on steroids ...and you won`t miss a step with the F75....then you can really compare the upgrade, and see if you want to send the Fisher off to see the Wizard.
Gary

myrtlebeach

Jan 13, 2013
Lynchburg, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the new T2 SE
Where do you find the FA process on the new T2 ?
Is it supposed to tell you the seral # every time you fire it up ?
where do you find the 4 FE tones ?
I just got a new T2 tonite can`t find any of that stuff on this T2,or in the manual !
Gary

The FA(fast) and the new FE tones are all in the choices you have in the different modes, kind of like the BP(boost process).
Are you sure you got one of the newest T2's?

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok....... here goes. My worry is the depth. I have little doubt that it is an improvement and am a HUGE First Texas fan but have yet to see a side by side comparison in a test garden. The T2 SE is without a doubt my favorite machine of those I have owned in 20+ years at this. I haven't had that many over the years and think the one I have is as close to perfection as any I have held (until now ha ha). The EMI has not been a huge issue for me. Yep, it is chatty, but it is also faster than greased lightning in the trash and DEEP. My feeble mind worries that more stability could come at a cost. Certainly not saying that it does, just a concern. So the simple question is, has anyone tried it on that deep target that was in the fringe before. I have a 10 inch dime buried in some crappy soil that gives me a descent VDI and audio, but I can tell is on the fringe. Lift about an inch or two and it is gone. Even get a digable signal with the 5 inch coil. I use it in particular to test various settings to see if they effect the T2's ability to hit on it. Really need one about an inch deeper to give the best results in a test. Would be broken hearted to get mine back and find that it no longer has the extreme depth that has made the machine a near legend among many of us.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok....... here goes. My worry is the depth. I have little doubt that it is an improvement and am a HUGE First Texas fan but have yet to see a side by side comparison in a test garden. The T2 SE is without a doubt my favorite machine of those I have owned in 20+ years at this. I haven't had that many over the years and think the one I have is as close to perfection as any I have held (until now ha ha). The EMI has not been a huge issue for me. Yep, it is chatty, but it is also faster than greased lightning in the trash and DEEP. My feeble mind worries that more stability could come at a cost. Certainly not saying that it does, just a concern. So the simple question is, has anyone tried it on that deep target that was in the fringe before. I have a 10 inch dime buried in some crappy soil that gives me a descent VDI and audio, but I can tell is on the fringe. Lift about an inch or two and it is gone. Even get a digable signal with the 5 inch coil. I use it in particular to test various settings to see if they effect the T2's ability to hit on it. Really need one about an inch deeper to give the best results in a test. Would be broken hearted to get mine back and find that it no longer has the extreme depth that has made the machine a near legend among many of us.
My understanding is that you can switch between the upgrade software version and the version you have now. So if you don't need the reduced emi you can put it in software version you have now. At least that's how the F75 upgrade is. So it's pick and choose depending on your needs.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

We havent seen any depth loss on the New Teknetics T2 SE or New Fisher F75 LTD with the upgrades. All I hear is happy happy happy!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a new F75SE and can lay 3 rusty nails right on a coin & still hear the coin... its amazing :) Move the coin and cant hear the nails... :)
Ya... and I bought it from Bart at BBH.... and got the lowest delivered price!
Guys... for both detectors you can go to the upgrade (9.0) or switch to the old format (9.1) so you have the best of both worlds... depth & no EMI where needed...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread