T2 LTD Upgrade questions

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new F75SE and can lay 3 rusty nails right on a coin & still hear the coin... its amazing :) Move the coin and cant hear the nails... :)
Ya... and I bought it from Bart at BBH.... and got the lowest delivered price!
Guys... for both detectors you can go to the upgrade (9.0) or switch to the old format (9.1) so you have the best of both worlds... depth & no EMI where needed...
The t2 i got cant see a silver quarter between 2 nails.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The t2 i got cant see a silver quarter between 2 nails.

I haven't found one that will laying on the ground but in the ground seems to be totally different. The worst was my explorer but I also dug many silver coins with iron in the same hole many with rust stains from being in contact with iron while not being able to signal on a coin with a nail closer than a few inches laying on top of the ground.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found one that will laying on the ground but in the ground seems to be totally different. The worst was my explorer but I also dug many silver coins with iron in the same hole many with rust stains from being in contact with iron while not being able to signal on a coin with a nail closer than a few inches laying on top of the ground.
My at pro nor t2 would see it. I put the nails in the air on plasitic bowls upside down. i set a quarter between the bowls and it couldnt see it. May be operator error on my end but something doesnt seem right to me.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My at pro nor t2 would see it. I put the nails in the air on plasitic bowls upside down. i set a quarter between the bowls and it couldnt see it. May be operator error on my end but something doesnt seem right to me.

Do you ever dig coins with iron in the same hole? I watched a guy on this forum dig a hole and pulled out a six inch spike and say that's weird I heard a good tone and dug around and pulled another and rechecked and pulled a Morgan. That was with an atp that would probably fail the above ground test like you're experiencing. Something about being in the ground seems to make a difference. Like I said before my explorer fails miserably but has found me a lot of silver coins with nails in the same hole and the t2 does better.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you ever dig coins with iron in the same hole? I watched a guy on this forum dig a hole and pulled out a six inch spike and say that's weird I heard a good tone and dug around and pulled another and rechecked and pulled a Morgan. That was with an atp that would probably fail the above ground test like you're experiencing. Something about being in the ground seems to make a difference. Like I said before my explorer fails miserably but has found me a lot of silver coins with nails in the same hole and the t2 does better.
Ive dug a few coins with the at pro and one had a big nail above it i was shocked. My yard goes back to the twenties i know if not older. i let a guy from the forum come detect at my house and he found a 42 silver war nickel. Ive found many wheaties but no silver, like dimes and quarters. i even tried bp mode and swung super slow. now if anyone is looking for clad they should get a t2 its a clad hog! Either the silvers just not here. Its way way deep, or i havent swung over it to find it or target masking.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive dug a few coins with the at pro and one had a big nail above it i was shocked. My yard goes back to the twenties i know if not older. i let a guy from the forum come detect at my house and he found a 42 silver war nickel. Ive found many wheaties but no silver, like dimes and quarters. i even tried bp mode and swung super slow. now if anyone is looking for clad they should get a t2 its a clad hog! Either the silvers just not here. Its way way deep, or i havent swung over it to find it or target masking.

Sometimes they just are not there or maybe most of the times would be more accurate.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new F75SE and can lay 3 rusty nails right on a coin & still hear the coin... its amazing :) Move the coin and cant hear the nails... :)
Ya... and I bought it from Bart at BBH.... and got the lowest delivered price!
Guys... for both detectors you can go to the upgrade (9.0) or switch to the old format (9.1) so you have the best of both worlds... depth & no EMI where needed...
what mode or sound setting do you use?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what mode or sound setting do you use?

If I remember correctly... 9.0 (DST), DE mode, sensitivity 60, tones 3, no notches, discrimination 30...
I videoed doing this test. I will later try to upload the video...

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember correctly... 9.0 (DST), DE mode, sensitivity 60, tones 3, no notches, discrimination 30...
Yea i dont have that tone mode.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine just has 1 1+ 2+ 2a 2b 2c 3 3b 4 dp fa bp cl. Wonder what would be equivalent?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That may be the problem?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The T2 must be diffetent than the F75?

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mine just has 1 1+ 2+ 2a 2b 2c 3 3b 4 dp fa bp cl. Wonder what would be equivalent?
If you have FA mode and2+, 2A,2B,2C then you have the 9.0 DST mode...if you can dial them up then your in 9.0 DST mode.
There is a 9.1 Mode that turns off the DST Mode .
Gary

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just got my T2 LTD and Wow !
This thing is powerful...deep and full of useful features, and runs as quiet as a mouse 99 sens. in the house...and standing right under my Ele. transformer on the pole
I have a Coin Garden in the back yard for 23 years ...this T2 can hit them all and some with the coil way off the ground.
Seems to have more depth than my Fisher CZ 5 .
Friday i`ll take it to a old cellar hole right across the road and test it there and tell you what i think then.
Got this new one shipped in 2 days from Keith@ FortBedfort Detectors....and what a Deal ! thanks Keith !
Gary

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my T2 LTD and Wow !
This thing is powerful...deep and full of useful features, and runs as quiet as a mouse 99 sens. in the house...and standing right under my Ele. transformer on the pole
I have a Coin Garden in the back yard for 23 years ...this T2 can hit them all and some with the coil way off the ground.
Seems to have more depth than my Fisher CZ 5 .
Friday i`ll take it to a old cellar hole right across the road and test it there and tell you what i think then.
Got this new one shipped in 2 days from Keith@ FortBedfort Detectors....and what a Deal ! thanks Keith !
Gary
Mine is set on 9.0 real noisy in house and outside as i have main utility poles coming through my yard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread