T2 LTD Upgrade questions

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand DST (Digital Shield Technology) and think it would be great in some situations, but could someone please explain the rest of the upgrades (3) and how or when they would be beneficial to have/use. :icon_scratch:

Are there any videos out there showing the difference the upgrades make?

Thanks

FA (Fast Retune Process)???????

4 levels of FE Tone ????????

LCD Serialization ????????

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand DST (Digital Shield Technology) and think it would be great in some situations, but could someone please explain the rest of the upgrades (3) and how or when they would be beneficial to have/use. :icon_scratch:

Are there any videos out there showing the difference the upgrades make?

Thanks

FA (Fast Retune Process)???????

4 levels of FE Tone ????????

LCD Serialization ????????

I'm also very interested.

adespin

Greenie
Nov 2, 2014
Llanelli, Wales.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Fisher F4, C Scope Promet 2, C Scope 1220B.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's showing the Fisher F75, but it's essentially the same upgrade.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The feedback from the F75 guys has been VERY positive. I now have an F75 LTD as well as my baby(T2 SE). I'm gonna send mine in when the snow gets too deep

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your nuts if you do not get this done...

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks man. Very appreciative of all your feedback MJ

Your welcome... More to come when I try the small 5" coil... :)

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered a new t2se from bart at big boys hobbies. I cant wait to get it! Itll be here wednesday! Bart is a great guy to do business with! I hope yall give big boys hobbies a shout on your next purchase! Can i expect pretty good depth with the t2? I have a at pro right now. Thanks! Jeremy

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have a AT PRO... and I also bought Fisher F75 SE... The AT is not even in the same league as the Fisher or T2 SE...
These are two of the deepest detectors out there...
Your going to love it. I have a Lesche Sampson shovel with a 7+" blade and because of the depth of the new Fisher I had to buy a new Lesche with a 11+" blade :))) I am not kidding...

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant wait to try it out! Im stoked! I did find a 46 washington quarter about 10 inches deep eith my at pro. It was masked by a old picture frame looking thing.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lesche but i use a fiberglass sharp shooter and trenching sharp shooter.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When in all metal can you still select bp mode? Or is all metal just one mode in itself?

myrtlebeach

Jan 13, 2013
Lynchburg, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When in all metal can you still select bp mode? Or is all metal just one mode in itself?

I have used my AT Pro for about 2 years and I really liked it until... I got the T2SE. The AT Pro is a great detector but the T2 in all metal is a DEEP machine. In disc mode it goes a little deeper than the AT Pro i think but it's recovery speed is definitely faster. I have owned other detectors but the T2 and AT Pro are my favorites. Here is a great video on using the T2 in all metal. I can't wait to try my upgraded T2 when I get it back from First Texas.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On the new T2 SE
Where do you find the FA process on the new T2 ?
Is it supposed to tell you the seral # every time you fire it up ?
where do you find the 4 FE tones ?
I just got a new T2 tonite can`t find any of that stuff on this T2,or in the manual !
Gary

Last edited:

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the new T2 SE
Where do you find the FA process on the new T2 ?
Is it supposed to tell you the seral # every time you fire it up ?
where do you find the 4 FE tones ?
I just got a new T2 tonite can`t find any of that stuff on this T2
Gary
The fa is in discriminate mode under tones. While machine is off hold menu push trigger out turn machine on and and select 9.0 which is the upgraded version or 9.1 for the old version with emi problems.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some one sold you a older machine its not the new upgraded version. Yours doesnt have the fa tone which is why you cant find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread