Whats the next detector?

Padiggers

Dec 6, 2014
Cherry Tree, Pa
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, Delta 4000, TC2X, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thinking what is next. I have the Eurotek Pro with 11DD and Delta with 8" & 5"x 10"DD.
My wife uses the ETP with 8"coil. Having the Delta I still seem to grab the ETP. I just like the iron audio so I can have no descrim and I can turn down the iron tones. We don't have any parks or beaches to detect. We mostly detect older property looking for relics and coins. Like most I am looking for the old silver so my question is Omega or go for the T2.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking the T2! I'm studying it and the F75 really hard and like both from what I've seen. The Eurotek Pro is an amazing little unit for what it cost.

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just upgraded from the Omega to the T2 and i think its a good move....so much more helpful feathers on the Enhanced T2 Ldt.
Gary

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a T2 SE and the F75 LTD. Both incredible machines and the new upgraded versions should basically make them the perfect machine

OP
OP
Padiggers

Padiggers

Dec 6, 2014
Cherry Tree, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies. I just finished reading both manuals and the T2 has the low volume iron tone feature and that I like about the ETP. The T2 manual was lengthy but very informative. Anyone using the low tone iron feature and like it on the T2? I seen were the T2 is 3.5 pound is it balanced well like the other Teks? When using the AT Pro I put the 5"x8" coil on and never took it off. It balanced it better and was easier to swing for long periods of time. Of course my arms and back don't bother me as much as my hamstrings. The next day after digging all day I walk like I rode a horse for day. Maybe I should find a better technique in digging:)

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i bought my t2 i bought it for a iron saturated ghosttown and it works great there what surprised me is how it finds silver as good as anything I have used in conditions you describe. If you were to believe everything you read it should'nt work as good as a detector with a lowwer freq I personally believe all this talk is just to get people to spend more money. I have the t2se with out the upgrade soon to be sent off. I think the t2 is about as versitale a detector as there is.

New Digger

Mar 4, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro with 12" 300 coil,Sef Wss 10x5 coil,6x10 dd coil,10"dd coil,9" spider
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gents
I have a mxt pro and looking for a 2nd detector. Trying to decide from An ETP or Delta 4000 or Ace 350.Any ideas???

OP
OP
Padiggers

Padiggers

Dec 6, 2014
Cherry Tree, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having an AT Pro, 4000 and ETP I would go for the ETP. I just sold the At Pro. Probably going for the T2. You can also turn the iron volume down on the T2. This is why I grabbed the ETP more often then the other two. I like 0 descrim so I can hear the iron but with the ETP you can turn it down so you can hear the non ferrous clearer. Haven't gave the 4000 enough time to give a good opinion. Popping silver out of ground for me the last couple of months with the ETP might make me a little bias. There are members here that have a ton of time on different machines and would give a better opinion than mine. Good luck on the decision

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy neighbor! :hello:

If you can afford the jump in price, go for the T2 over the Omega. They have been loved for a long time, but the recent improvements in stability have turned a very good machine into an awesome machine.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a Eurotek Pro with the stock 8" coil. It's.... sort of alright, but not quite. Not very deep, about like a silver uMax with the small concentric coil, and it stutters a bit when trying to pinpoint in bad soil. I also have a CZ70, and it blew the doors off of an MXT Pro on the Oregon salt beaches. The MXT L-O-V-E-D T-H-O-S-E PULLTABS, but my CZ70 didn't find even one. I run it in no-notch and listen to the tones, which gives me an extra inch depth. It just found one huge nail on the beach and a lotta, lotta clad and 3 small brass fitting about the size of a thumbtack. The operator of the MXT was beside himself and asked how I managed to outdo the Whites. He already figured it out though. The MXT Pro is uncommonly noisy compared to the CZ's, and the CZ goes deeper when the going gets rough, because of its dual frequency configuration. A cz3d has a slight edge on small items over the CZ70, but the overall depth is the same. The T2 is a tad bit deeper than the Omega, but it is also a bit more noisy in high iron. On our salt/high black sand beaches the dual freq. CZ's get better depth than the F75's and T2's. But inland it all reverses. I have no use for an ATP in any way, my old Compass Goldscanner Pro outdoes it, by far, and it does much better at cutting out iron and cherry-picking too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Padiggers

Padiggers

Dec 6, 2014
Cherry Tree, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just looked a couple of videos on the Cz3d and I was impressed. I looks a little heavy. Can you swing it for long periods of time?

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm 70 and I can swing a 3.5 lb. detector for 4 hours without it wearing me out. Some old guys still swing a Nautilus and it doesn't get them tired.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked a couple of videos on the Cz3d and I was impressed. I looks a little heavy. Can you swing it for long periods of time?

Yes they are heavy and terribly balanced with the 10.5" coil. The 8 and 5" coils aren't bad to swing for a few hours.

Last edited:

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already know my next detector...I have just heard too many good things about the f 70 that i bought one today

OP
OP
Padiggers

Padiggers

Dec 6, 2014
Cherry Tree, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let us know how the F70 does. I just watched the weather here and wind chills in the single digits the next couple of days. I'll be air testing just to hear the beeps:)

CTX Tom

Jul 5, 2012
Upstate,NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Teknetics 2 SE
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck,I own a t2se,ctx 3030 and a at pro. I find myself reaching for the t2 95% of the time. I was actually thinking of selling my ctx and getting a second t2!

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go ahead and place an order for that about to be released new detector that is red and has the racing stripes. They say the brand name is Makro. Put it through its paces and report back here and that should help us make up our minds as to what to buy next:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread