T2 upgrades and 15 inch coil

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rprimm

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just logged on to post that same exact question, then I saw yours.. haha

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA...that makes 3 of us!!

Come on people, somebody must have experience with the 15" coil?????

Also, is it true the upgrade program will end in March or so??????

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont own the 15 inch coil i read on another forum where people have bought them and sold them quick because they were way to heavy.hope that this helps

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No firsthand experience but I have been reading the same thing, WAY too heavy. That being said, I ordered one anyway, I figure even if I just use it in the occasional area where stuff is really deep it would be worth it.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the F75 LTD SE, and thought about buying the 15" coil. The question I ask myself, is how deep is too deep. How many holes are going to be dug 2 feet or more deep for what reward? If I do get the coil I believe I will also buy a harness for my detector to eliminate the wight issue. Still on the fence when it comes to buying the 15" coil.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I purchased it over a year ago for 250 so at $99 do not hesitate on it another day!!

, Yes it is heavy but you will find more targets because
1. You cover more ground
2.you get more depth

Im a Colonial Cellar Hole hunter mostly deep in the woods so things can get pretty deep.
Believe it or not i went to all my pounded to death cellars holes and found more targets.
Even in the iron around the cellar i always use 0 disc the 15 inch plucked out finds i hit with the stock and 5 inch coil many times.It made the ground
so alive it brought masked signals alive.
I am going to try one of those swingy thingy harnesses with just this coil..

This coil is a must have for large field hunters..

Well hope this helped..

~Blaze~

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased it over a year ago for 250 so at $99 do not hesitate on it another day!!

, Yes it is heavy but you will find more targets because
1. You cover more ground
2.you get more depth

Im a Colonial Cellar Hole hunter mostly deep in the woods so things can get pretty deep.
Believe it or not i went to all my pounded to death cellars holes and found more targets.
Even in the iron around the cellar i always use 0 disc the 15 inch plucked out finds i hit with the stock and 5 inch coil many times.It made the ground
so alive it brought masked signals alive.
I am going to try one of those swingy thingy harnesses with just this coil..

This coil is a must have for large field hunters..

Well hope this helped..

~Blaze~
Good info brother! For $100 why not. I'm sure it can be resold for more. But I find extremely deep items like Blaze. Some of the soil that I hunt and the age makes for some super deep stuff. I know a few of the riverbank areas I've hit I've pulled large button from 12-14". I'm sure I'm missing something

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Per the Fisher website:

We have received some excellent feedback from many delighted customers in regards to their recent upgraded units. We plan on offering this upgrade service through March 1st of 2015.

Don't see where they plan to extend the offer.

No mention of a cut-off on the Teknetics site?? Maybe they are going longer?

Last edited:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, mine came back yesterday and it is five below zero this morning, won't be using it for a while! The 15" coil looks huge, but I am sure it will be useful in some locations. Been going over the manual to see what I have to relearn!

RCDIGGS

Greenie
Apr 17, 2013
southeast NH
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE, BOUNTY HUNTER PLATINUM, TEKNETICS T2, GARRETT PROPOINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I checked in on this. I will be sending mine in for an upgrade in the next week or so. I think I will also look into the 15" coil. I walk lots of dirt roads, and often times my hits are very deep. It should only help.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
How about the upgrade from standard to enhanced for $310. Is that worth it?

Well that all depends..If you have a standard T2 without the 5 inch coil,and the upgrade gives you the 5 inch coil for the 310.00 also i say yes all day..

Many of my hunting partners have witnessed detecting with me and the different coils using the T2 come home with all the goodies on most of the hunts..

Im not bragging but it wasnt long before they had a T2 with all the coils on the way...:D

~Blaze~

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anybody heard about a cut off date for the upgrade? Somebody told me there was one but I haven't seen that on the 1st Texas site

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RCDIGGS

Greenie
Apr 17, 2013
southeast NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent mine out today. I did not go with the 15" coil, instead I purchased a three year warranty. Budget was too tight for both, and I felt as though the warranty was a better option for me as my T2 is an old original green model. No mention of a 5" coil coming along, but that would be nice. I have lots of trashy cellar holes around my area, and the smaller coil would help. Hope its all worth it..................:dontknow:

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Just bought the upgrade tonight.

Did you guys just send it back in the original box?? No paper over-wrap or a box in box?

Thanks

RCDIGGS

Greenie
Apr 17, 2013
southeast NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put mine in the original box, and took it with the shipping label to a Postal usa drop off center. They recommended to put it all in a bigger box with bubble wrap around it. They charged me 6 bucks to take care of it. They had a box that it fit nearly perfect in. It doesn't matter about the original box, as they will be sending it back in a new box with an updated manual. Good luck

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Well that all depends..If you have a standard T2 without the 5 inch coil,and the upgrade gives you the 5 inch coil for the 310.00 also i say yes all day..

Many of my hunting partners have witnessed detecting with me and the different coils using the T2 come home with all the goodies on most of the hunts..

Im not bragging but it wasnt long before they had a T2 with all the coils on the way...:D

~Blaze~
Well, I got the T2 directly from Dave Johnson and only paid $5.00 (raffle ticket) for it. So I guess spending $300 on it is not a bad investment for a $900+ detector.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The set up for ground balancing the 15 inch coil is different. My coil was too heavy so I shortened the shaft and detected closer to my feet. The coil does OK on coin sized targets. You can cover a lot of ground. I have not noticed much gain in depth with the 15 inch coil. Definitely a must have and a show boat of a coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread