manual ground balance t2se

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch everything on this,so just want to no if I'm doing it correct.From what I seen you put it in am and crank it up with 0 discrimination, move it up and down while you turn the gb till there is no push or pull,then make it a little to the pos .I don't no if it's cause I have the se,but it seems to me that if I hit the gb switch it goes right to no push or pull,then I move it to the pos ,is this correct?also does the cold effect dept.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got mine, so I'm no help. I'll wait with you for somebody that knows to chime in.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if you're in all metal the disc is automatically on 0. You can only switch that in disc mode. In normal circumstances the normal ground balance procedure will read the ground and put you where you want to be. Then you have a base line and you can make the minor adjustment from there. The circumstances of when you need to manually ground balance are when you're in a spot where it just won't gb. The only time I've run into this is when I've detected on salt beaches. You absolutely have to manually gb in that circumstance. But normally just pump the coil and it will get you where you want to be. Then adjust the setting up a couple of clicks for a positive response. This will be more apt to pick up smaller items at better depth. I know this is prob confusing. I think yup there's a few good videos on it if this was confusing. I rarely do anything but the fast grab ground balance

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the ease of ground balancing the T2.

In either mode, push the trigger forward and pump the coil. Just make sure you're not over something, target-wise, in the ground.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the ease of ground balancing the T2.

In either mode, push the trigger forward and pump the coil. Just make sure you're not over something, target-wise, in the ground.
Agreed! It's a fantastic set up. As I said the only time I've manually done it was on a salt beach. People say the T2 is no good in these conditions but it can be dialed in to be very effective

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the great replies,I wanted to make sure I was doing it correct.So just use ground grab and a little clicks in pos to here deep smaller targets plus you can here the ground change.I be using it in discrimination only ,just to get the hang of it.Now I want to get the hang of it in all metal.I did get a button ,but I cover a lot of ground with no hits so I just wanted to make sure.thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions