T2 upgrade question

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RCDIGGS

Greenie
Apr 17, 2013
southeast NH
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE, BOUNTY HUNTER PLATINUM, TEKNETICS T2, GARRETT PROPOINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine back yesterday. Only have a small section of driveway that is not covered in snow to test it in, but I am going to try it out. Came back in a new box, with a new manual. Read through the manual last evening, might even go to the beach.....good luck to all
ron

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I got mine back today, 13 days total turn around. They did not upgrade my detector, they sent me a totally new detector in the box! Wow, I love First TX customer service. They have always given me first class service.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I got mine back today, 13 days total turn around. They did not upgrade my detector, they sent me a totally new detector in the box! Wow, I love First TX customer service. They have always given me first class service.

What version was your T2 that you upgraded? I'm hoping that I'll get a new one. My old T2 might qualify as a Relic for their company museum to show how tough it is. The connections were corroded and there wasn't too much sand still on the coil.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Mine was an original one that was given to our prospecting club (El Paso, TX) by Dave Johnson himself. The club had a raffle, so I got it for $5.00. It was a different color from those that were actually released to the public. So I guess I really scored since I got a $1,000 detector for $315.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Finally, got my T2 back. A puzzling upgrade. The Electronics were upgraded. The battery compartment was upgraded, but they re-used my old battery compartment cover. The old shaft was sent back, and the old coil was replaced. I would have preferred the old coil as the cable was longer on the old one. I have no concerns about the mixed components. My T2 is back under warranty for 3 years so if any parts fail, First Texas can replace it at that time.

The accessory coil is ridiculously huge. I'm not a small guy and used to swing a Garrett Sea Hunter MKII, which was akin to swinging a cinder-block on a stick, but the T2 with the 15" coil is heavy. It goes deep, but after a small grid search, I couldn't wait to put the stock coil back on. First Texas always prided themselves on having the perfectly balanced machine, but the 15" seems as if it was developed by a third party that has no concerns for the well-earned reputation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread