Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been researching the T2 and F75 on another forum and found mostly positive responses to your question and only a few that had minor complaints about upgrades mostly on the 75's. I think a lot had to do with being used to what they were comfortable with. Will be trying on a T2 very soon.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard lots of great feedback but haven't had mine done yet. But all I've talked to have said the emi is virtually gone completely. And the fast audio is incredible in the iron and trash

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what i have been reading about the T2 upgrades is no depth gain just quieter,i bought a T2 not long ago and the FA mode i dont use it because it dosent have any depth,but it is fast.

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like what I hear about the upgrades. That's why I sent it in! The ability to turn on and off, the DST makes it a "why the heck not?!" I like how they addressed the MAIN complaint that people had with the T2, the chattering.

Makes sense that the FA mode isn't as deep as the All Metal. The unit has to think a bit more like in Discrimination. For that, it shouldn't be as deep. Makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like what I hear about the upgrades. That's why I sent it in! The ability to turn on and off, the DST makes it a "why the heck not?!" I like how they addressed the MAIN complaint that people had with the T2, the chattering.

Makes sense that the FA mode isn't as deep as the All Metal. The unit has to think a bit more like in Discrimination. For that, it shouldn't be as deep. Makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Exactly! If you need it you use it and if you don't you shut it off. And yes your bound to lose a bit of depth with the better separation. But to have the ability to pull some keepers out of the iron and trash is well worth it. And for $160? That's a hell of a lot better than a new $1500-$3000 machine

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I have a question with regards to the upgrade from the older T2. Does the upgrade include an upgraded shaft - especially the lower shaft? This part is no longer produced. I have a T2 that gets used nearly everyday. The plastic lower shaft is susceptible to becoming brittle due to sun exposure and high heat. I've had mine replaced twice. The first time First Texas had the part still. Last spring they no longer had the original part. I've now resorted to buying older T2 machines just for the parts.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question with regards to the upgrade from the older T2. Does the upgrade include an upgraded shaft - especially the lower shaft? This part is no longer produced. I have a T2 that gets used nearly everyday. The plastic lower shaft is susceptible to becoming brittle due to sun exposure and high heat. I've had mine replaced twice. The first time First Texas had the part still. Last spring they no longer had the original part. I've now resorted to buying older T2 machines just for the parts.

The shafts from a mine lab 705 fits my t2 and it's longer.

OP
OP
pigeonman

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for replies. Just tryin to figure out if I want to send in for the upgrade.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Correct me if I am wrong sir, but I believe the lower shafts from Teknetics Eurotek Pro's, Alpha 2000, Delta 4000. Gamma 6000, Omega 8000, G2 & Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70, F75, Gold Bug and possibly many others use the same lower shafts as the T2 in standard & tallman sizes -

Surely a local dealer could hook you up -

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Correct me if I am wrong sir, but I believe the lower shafts from Teknetics Eurotek Pro's, Alpha 2000, Delta 4000. Gamma 6000, Omega 8000, G2 & Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70, F75, Gold Bug and possibly many others use the same lower shafts as the T2 in standard & tallman sizes -

Surely a local dealer could hook you up -

It's funny that you mentioned that. At the time when I was having trouble, I PM Dave and he passed along my email to their lead tech (I don't remember his name, but it is Hispanic in origin). We communicated back and forth with numerous pictures. I had sent my system in and he was still unable to repair it. I had to track down the part in the UK. Since then, I've bought extra T2's for parts as First Texas was unable to locate and replace certain parts anymore.

Part of the problem is that my care of the T2 is less than optimal. It is a beast of a machine and is the first wiggle stick that I grab in my arsenal. It stays in my vehicle along with my other gear so it is ready to go whenever I am which is nearly everyday. It endures the extreme heat of Florida summers and the temperature extremes of winter in North Florida (some days it is mid-70's with temps near freezing later in the week). It has never let me down except for the structural lower shaft.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
So I'll be undergoing separation anxiety now that I've opted for the upgrade. Me and My T2 haven't been apart (except when I had the shaft problem mentioned above) for years. I opted for Upgrade #2 with added 3 year warranty and optional 15" DD. How long of a turnaround have others experienced with the upgrade? It doesn't take long for temps to heat up here in Florida, and I don't want to be without my T2 for the Spring season.

Also, did the return shipping label come in a separate email? I have my order confirmation, but no shipping label.

Update: I just received my shipping label almost 24 hours after purchasing the upgrade. Now, I'm taking her out to get dirty one last time before being sent back to First Texas.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine left Monday 3/2 and they should get it tomorrow Friday 3/6

I wonder if they are getting a rush of upgrades before the deadline?

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sent mine in on feb 21...got email thurs....on its way back....estimate delivery ...weds the 11th...PS...I got the big coil....curious about it

RCDIGGS

Greenie
Apr 17, 2013
southeast NH
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE, BOUNTY HUNTER PLATINUM, TEKNETICS T2, GARRETT PROPOINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sent mine in on Feb 18, now its stuck in Fort Worth since the snow. was supposed to be here 3/06 now they(fedx) are saying 3/12. No matter, still way too much snow here in NH.

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine must b sitting right beside yours rcdiggs lol...checked tracking mines in fort worth also

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread