g2 or operator problem

trashman

Jun 6, 2014
edgewater
Detector(s) used
bountyhunter trk4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all, long story short. got a g2 the end of nov,i was impressed with it for about 2 weeks it was working fine.then it started to not grd balance.called fisher and was told to run up the grd balance tomax, and if this didnt work it was probably a bad coil.( it would never settle down when trying to gb,even holding still the cntr numbers just keep wildly fluctuating). even went to kellyco to try a new coil that did not work either.so i sent it back for repair (first texas/fisher)just got it back today. new coil put on and checked out. when i tried to grd balance it still did the same thing. called first texas/fisher and told them and was told im doing something wrong. any ideas,input will be greatly appreciated this is driving me nuts!!!!! thanks

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
trashman
When you sent the G2 in did you put in "writing" that it would not Ground Balance...the tech has to know what to look for specifically.
When you start ground grab...start low to the ground ...so the G2 can see the ground ..start off to high and it can see the ground to grab it.
Gary

OP
OP
T

trashman

Jun 6, 2014
edgewater
Detector(s) used
bountyhunter trk4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info gary, talked to fisher again today and im sending it back to them on monday.beings im still a newbe it took a few times for me to communicate the the problem to them,dan in tech walked me through and understood what was happining and said to send back.so hope it works this time again thanks for your response

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using my G2 for about a year now and ground balance works just fine on my machine. It did take a few hunts before it became an instinctive process though. First Texas will get it right for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread