Question re: T2 15" coil compatablity with F75

Mendoman

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:I just purchased a T2 15" coil after ordering a Brand New T2 SE, now I have a dilemma.:icon_scratch:

My dealer is offering me a great deal on his in stock F75 LTD with D.S.T. for real great price reduction to move his current inventory as to the pending order I have the on
T2 SE with D.S.T.
My question is will the T2 coil work on the F75 or should I just wait a couple of weeks for the T2 vs. Buy the F75 now if the coil will work. If the coil does not work then ALL THE SAVINGS for the F75 was for nothing! I'm stuck will a 15" T2 coil that I paid too much for anyway (web-site auction site) seemed like a good deal at the time. Now I see there is an offering for $99.00 for the 15" coil. I think I screwed up! Please help! if you know for sure. T2 and F75 operate at the same frequency of 13 kHz and have the same size plug, don't they? Why wouldn't it work, I would like to know.:icon_scratch:
:happysmiley:Thanks for any knowledge you my have on the subject.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mendoman
I wounder too...i be watching for the outcome on this one !
I have a T2 LTD and a F-75 LTD coming tomorrow.
(woof) Dave Johnson will see this and help.
Gary

OP
OP
M

Mendoman

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope so, Dave is the reason I use a Teknetics Omega 8000. I read a paper Dave wrote about 4 years ago and I have gone through Bounty Hunters, Teknectics, and Fisher detectors all sold and down to just the Omega, now. Outside of the Omega the F75 ltd. I had in 2011 was my favorite machine, now I want the T2 just because i'm so used to the number system of the Teknetics line. But the extra features on the F75 (no memory loss) are very tempting at the price point I have been offered.
Bill

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 coil will not work on the F75. There are specific 15" coils for the F75 and T2 that are separate part numbers. There is a T2 LTD Bundle that includes the 5", 11", and 15" coils for $100 more than the standard MAP on a T2 LTD with the 5" and 11" coils. The F75 LTD Bundle only includes the 5" and 11" coils.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
M

Mendoman

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Wayne for taking the time to give me a straight answer on the compatibility issue I am looking for. As great as it was that you wrote in that a part number difference is listed between Teknetics and Fisher.
I all-ready knew that from my past research and the phone call I placed to First Texas Products, this week.
BUT I STILL WANT TO KNOW if anybody has both the T2 and F75 and tried to interchange Coils, weather it be with the 5", 11"DD, or the 15" BIG KAHUNA.
I can understand if someone has tried this and it did not work or there Detector blew-up or just can't work, I am looking for the real reason they would not work !
As a mechanic in my past life, I used Chevy parts on GMC and Ford and Mercury interchange as do many other models.

If anyone has had a bad experience in doing this, exchanging out of Coils would you please enlighten me as to the results!

Thanks for any answers, I really enjoy reading this stuff.
Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mendoman

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not even a little bit!

:hello2:Well, that's that. I guess I've been told. I called my supplier today to confirm my decision to order the T2 SE.

At least I will get to test my new coil on the real McCoy.:laughing7:

Thank you guys I really thought we might get a lot of interest, but we heard the MAN. :BangHead:"Won't work, Not even a little bit":headbang:

Bill

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both detectors and confirmed the 15" T2 coil will not work on the F75

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread