eurotek pro or omega 8000

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
I think the Eurotek is a good machine, but likes a major feature that the Omega and Gamma has. That is a ground balance. On a preset ground balance you would have to be lucky to have a area that fits the ground balance of your machine. Most are set too positive for the area I live in. I'm sure you would miss some targets. I have both the omega and gamma which are both good detectors. I do pick the omega over the gamma because of three preferred features.
Omega is faster to change modes, disc settings, ect; has 4 tone options in the AT mode, and isn't as easy to turn off by accident when pin pointing. I do think the omega has a edge in depth when using the same 8 inch coil as the gamma, but not by much. It is the features to me that separates these detectors. JMO

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would you compare these two side by side the Eurotek pro is a lot cheaper. Is the Omega 8000 that much better. I have only been mding for a year.

Eurotek Pro is a good detector, depth on a quarter is 7.5 inches at best
Yes the Omega is that much better, 11 inches on a quarter with it's stock coil which is about 5.5" X 9.75", in my opinioin is just about the perfect size for a coil as it has the separation of a 5" with the coverage of a 10". It's great for swinging between things like corn stalks, believe me it makes a big difference than say using a 8 in round in tight situations.

I've tried a lot of machines, and there's not much better you can get for finding the goodies amonst the trash, and having GB error readout is a pretty good thing too it lets you know when it needs adjusting.

I don't know from what your upgrading from, but might as well make it a worthwhile upgrade, IE not just a small increment.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do either of them come with a Double D coil? The reason I ask is because you do not have to overlap coil swings as much with the Double D coil compared to a concentric coil. What are you hunting for when you metal detect? If you are mainly a relic hunter I'd go with the Omega. The Eurotek is a good all around machine and competes well with other mid level detectors (for coins) from what I have read. What are the soil conditions in your area? The Eurotek has a fixed ground balance yet the Omega allows for both manual and automatic GB.

You can compare the 2 by specifications at the KELLYCO Web site.

Yes, you can get either of them configured with the 11DD.

Omega does not have an "automatic GB" (like say minelab has) but is probably the easiest of any detector to GB, and shows you on-screen when it needs adjusting. BTW I never get too concerned about a "little" error, as it just isn't that important, a lot of people will say different, but in reality, unless say your hunting for tiny natural gold in AM it really isn't "critical"

huntindog1

Apr 20, 2012
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Current: CTX3030
Past: ETRAC Omega 8000, Whites DFX, Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Sabre Plus, Garrett GTA 1000 PM, Fisher CZ6, Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First Texas that makes the teknetics detectors has the Bounty Hunter Pro line also.

May be able to get some different features from comparing them.

Last edited:

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a etp and have been considering the omega. I am very happy with the etp and wanted to say thanks to the op for starting this thread as it helps with my questions as well. I would like to ask a couple more, does the omega's vdi numbers match up with etp's vdi numbers target for target? that would greatly shorten my learning curve. i am very happy with the 3 tones on the etp and would like to try them on an omega as well. ive used fixed gb classics by whites for years here and never had any issues so the gb is not a big deal to me. also say on 6-7-8 in coin does the tone and id numbers still sound high and lock on the same way as a shallower coin? my etp has the 11dd on and i'm on the fence bout buying an omega. does really gain that much over the etp in basic performance? I know i dug 2, 5-6 silver dimes so far this year with the etp in soils that my mxt says are around an 84 and it locked on with a nice tone and solid vdi just wondering for my self and others if a person really gains enough to go with omega. either way the etp is a super machine, i'm not comparing but i will say i enjoy using it a ton more than my mxt pro and the at pro! thank you

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The iron audio is a great feature,I believe it's been added to the omega 8500.. I just bought my second etp,bought the other one about 4 months ago and this is the first time I've owned 2 of the same machines at the same time,,I like the etp that much..
I now own all the Greeks except the Delta 4000,no need for it.. The etp is now my go to machine but I originally bought it as a haul around unit but its just to good .. Oh remove the screws holding it together,,one behind the battery.. There's only one pot on it and it the ground balance pot located up front behind the face plate.
Holding the pinpoint button Bob the coil,you will find its way positive so while bobbing the coil adjust counterclockwise until it's just slightly positive,,it will be a different machine then.. This was posted by Monte on the GB thing so I did it,,it works and I'm passing it on.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never used the ET but I've heard many times it's excellent machine in it's price range; especially when it comes to iron infested sites. That's what it was designed for; the European field where iron abounds.

I do have lots of experience with the Delta and recently found a great deal on an Omega. I can tell you the Omega is really SWEET. You can find them used for around 300 if you're diligent and patient. At that price it's WAY more machine than the ET Pro.

Ultimately you need the machine that's the best fit for you, your style and sites. I ran into a guy a few days ago who LOVES his Ace 250 and doesn't want anything else. he also does very well with it. That particular detector would drive me nuts because I just can't stand the sound of the tones regardless of how it may perform. Everyone has their own preferences and you gotta' enjoy the machine you're swinging. Plus the more you like it the more you'll get out there and use it.

I would say overall, do your homework and follow your instincts. YouTube has thousands of videos on almost every detector out there and many are really excellent. They may help you decide. You can always upgrade later to any machine you like down the road. I've done it four times so far and although my latest is fantastic, I may eventually want to swing something else for certain hunts.

I also have to say that ALL Teknetics machines are very good for their price ranges and even better if you can get a deal on a used unit. You just don't read too many negative reviews on any of them and you do see lots and lots of positives. Ultimately you can't go wrong with any of them. They all perform well and are known for hitting deep.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a etp and have been considering the omega. I am very happy with the etp and wanted to say thanks to the op for starting this thread as it helps with my questions as well. I would like to ask a couple more, does the omega's vdi numbers match up with etp's vdi numbers target for target? that would greatly shorten my learning curve. i am very happy with the 3 tones on the etp and would like to try them on an omega as well. ive used fixed gb classics by whites for years here and never had any issues so the gb is not a big deal to me. also say on 6-7-8 in coin does the tone and id numbers still sound high and lock on the same way as a shallower coin? my etp has the 11dd on and i'm on the fence bout buying an omega. does really gain that much over the etp in basic performance? I know i dug 2, 5-6 silver dimes so far this year with the etp in soils that my mxt says are around an 84 and it locked on with a nice tone and solid vdi just wondering for my self and others if a person really gains enough to go with omega. either way the etp is a super machine, i'm not comparing but i will say i enjoy using it a ton more than my mxt pro and the at pro! thank you

I've been hunting some unusual sites so far this year and I have to say that the manual GB on the Omega does seem to help. I tested it in some spots where I used the Delta many times and found some nice targets I had missed earlier.

I've also done a few tests using the default GB on the (82) vs ground balancing. There is a difference. I'm not saying it's absolutely necessary but it IS a great option to have. I've also used my Omega at the preset a few times and it still performs very well. It's just a matter of getting a finer "tune in" to the site you're hunting. That little extra edge can be the difference between finding that deep target or missing it. If you miss it you'll never know one way or another but when you find it after tuning your machine in more precisely you get to take it home.

Again, the main thing is to use a machine you love so you'll use it more and get more treasure. I still love my Delta despite it's lack of manual GB. It's still a great detector.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I just picked up a slightly used Omega 8000 ver.6 and I'm looking forward to getting out with it. I already had the ETP on hand with the 8" concentric and 11" DD coils so I think the fit and upgrade is perfect.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just picked up a slightly used Omega 8000 ver.6 and I'm looking forward to getting out with it. I already had the ETP on hand with the 8" concentric and 11" DD coils so I think the fit and upgrade is perfect.

You're gonna' LOVE it.
I have the version 4 and it's a really great detector. I can't imagine the version 6 being anything but even better.

Good luck out there and post your finds when they start coming in.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, will do. It was shipped today from another member so I am excited to get it and take it for a spin!

sovereign76

Aug 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello new to forum, ive just won a technetiks eurotek pro with dd 11" coil, its going to be my main machine and minelab sov xs2 the back up, as its heavy and old , it is however extremley deep, could anyone tell me what the pro depth is like? Looks like a good enough machine, also is the control box rain proof anyhelp be great

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello new to forum, ive just won a technetiks eurotek pro with dd 11" coil, its going to be my main machine and minelab sov xs2 the back up, as its heavy and old , it is however extremley deep, could anyone tell me what the pro depth is like? Looks like a good enough machine, also is the control box rain proof anyhelp be great

The Eurotek Pro is a great little, lightweight machine. I don't remember it's exact depth but my favorite feature was it has adjustable iron audio, a good sounding vco mid tone and a high tone. It will be a much better choice in irony type sites than the sovereign which will just null continuously.

sovereign76

Aug 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats good to know, i had ace 150 before both of them but wasnt impressed even with dd coil on it so looking forward to digging up scotland with new machine

sovereign76

Aug 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well impressed with eurotek pro, it even done well on beach, does any one know how to strenthen screen, its paper thin, and pinpoint buttons dodgy, but i heard thats common fault

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a Zagg screen protector on my Omega which has about an identical screen and control panel

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

sovereign76

Aug 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great ill give that a try, id say thats only fault with machine apart from pp button thanks for help, im detecting around the foot of a old castle today weathers good thanks for help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions