OP
OP
S

sigshooter71

Greenie
Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would you compare these two side by side the Eurotek pro is a lot cheaper. Is the Omega 8000 that much better. I have only been mding for a year.

Would I be better off getting a used omega 8000 for a hundred dollars more.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do either of them come with a Double D coil? The reason I ask is because you do not have to overlap coil swings as much with the Double D coil compared to a concentric coil. What are you hunting for when you metal detect? If you are mainly a relic hunter I'd go with the Omega. The Eurotek is a good all around machine and competes well with other mid level detectors (for coins) from what I have read. What are the soil conditions in your area? The Eurotek has a fixed ground balance yet the Omega allows for both manual and automatic GB.

You can compare the 2 by specifications at the KELLYCO Web site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sigshooter71

Greenie
Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do either of them come with a Double D coil? The reason I ask is because you do not have to overlap coil swings as much with the Double D coil compared to a concentric coil. What are you hunting for when you metal detect? If you are mainly a relic hunter I'd go with the Omega. The Eurotek is a good all around machine and competes well with other mid level detectors (for coins) from what I have read. What are the soil conditions in your area? The Eurotek has a fixed ground balance yet the Omega allows for both manual and automatic GB.

You can compare the 2 by specifications at the KELLYCO Web site.

Me and my son mainly coin shoot. I just bought him an f2. And I was going to give my other son my Garret ace 150. I'm going to get myself something a little better & the Eurotek seems pretty good for the price. Soil here in NJ has quite a bit of iron. I have done pretty good with the ace last year but i'm not a fan of there tones. All the reviews for the Eurotek Pro seem good in areas with high iron. Plus I could put the extra $100 towrds a pro pointer. And yes I would get the ETP with an 11"dd coil.

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're going to do trashy sites, look into getting a 5" DD. I have one and have used it quite a bit on my gamma, and twice (only twice due to frozen ground) on a recently purchased euro tec pro and have had very good success with the 5". Appears to be quite adequate depth wise. Hit a merc dime at 4 maybe 5" inches with a very strong signal/tone. Hit a silver Rosie at 6 plus inches with a good signal, tone was not very loud but clean and repeatable with accurate target ID. Call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, he'll tell ya 5"DD coil is "da bomb". To quote someone else's remark about the 5" coil...."cuts through the trash like a laser". Good luck, and HH! P.S. If you aren't concerned with trash, I would agree with previous reply, and say 11"DD is the way to go. Better depth, and WAY more coverage!

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How would you compare these two side by side the Eurotek pro is a lot cheaper. Is the Omega 8000 that much better. I have only been mding for a year.

Unless you want to read "real time" ground phase and other ground conditions on the Omega's screen, you may want to consider the Gamma instead. About the same depth and target readout as the Omega and has ground balance and segments over the ETP. A used one goes for about $300.

Unless you want a lot of control over the ground, the ETP would be my choice of the two. But I'd take the Gamma over both.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree very much with Phantasman, i have a G2 know someone with an Omega and i have a brand new Gamma. The Gamma goes just as deep as the Omega, although some prefer the Omegas interface. The Omega only beats the Gamma on features and interface not performance.I put on my G2 11" DD coil on the Gamma 6000, at 97 % sens the thing air tests at 13-14" on a quarter:occasion14: !

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know what the Eurotek features are-I have an Omega-I love it. Does the Euro have variable tone and pitch and does it give ID in all-metal like the Omega?
If not, I'd favor the Omega

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ETP actually doesn't have a true all metal mode. I hunt using 0 disc which sets low tone at 0-40, a VCO tone at 41-69 and a high tone at 70-99. It's a great little machine for the money and works well in iron.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fletch....do you think the delta4000 is worth 80 bucks more than the ETP? Talking 11" dd coils on both. Looks like you just gain the all metal mode with the delta...unless im missing something.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fletch....do you think the delta4000 is worth 80 bucks more than the ETP? Talking 11" dd coils on both. Looks like you just gain the all metal mode with the delta...unless im missing something.

DiggerinVA,
That is one model I have never used, but from what I read the Delta has Notch disc and All Metal mode. Those are 2 features I rarely use anyway. The things I like about the ETP are the adjustable iron audio, and the adjustable V-break VCO tone.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found a review from a guy who owns both the ETP and the Delta. He prefers the ETP over the delta for better, more constant and stable TID numbers. Also states that he feels it beats anything in $500 price range....

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you don't need FeTone adjustable iron audio, for $60 more than the ETP, you can get the LRP. It uses the same process as the ETP and Omega. And voila, a 11" DD comes standard.

land-ranger-pro.jpg

Last edited:

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would advise you to go for the ETP, not because I live in Europe, but because it is a very good detector, in fact the best ratio Fun/pleasure/Finds for the spent dollars.

Yes, the ETP can be bought with the 11"DD coil. And yes, the 5"DD coil should be your next purchase. It turns the already excellent iron trash behaviour of the ETP into a miracle-work-in-the-dirt machine, and is still cheaper than the Omega.

If you hunted for years with a fixed GB detector without noticeable problems, then you won't have any with the ETP.

Now, if you want to upgrade later to an Omega, just buy a version with a concentric coil and...you will be able to swap coils.

I bought the ETP with the 8" Cc coil, and use it with my Golbug Pro's 5"DD and 11"DD coils.

That's another BIG advantage.

HH

Grumpy

Last edited:

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Digger
no they are different platforms .
The Greek Series Coils will work on the ETP.
Gary

Yep !

G2/Goldbug Pro will work too.

Hh

Grumpy

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: