Troubles with Delta 4000

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last two times I went out to swing I brought my Delta 4000 along with my Eurotek Pro. The first time I went to a high school football/track field and started out with the Delta with iron, foil and alum notched out. After 1 hour of swinging all I recovered was a handful of pennies, a few dimes and a load of foil from gatorade bottles but not 1 quarter. Switched to the ETP and immediately started digging quarters everywhere swung. One thing I did noticed on the Delta was that the PP function was not accurate. Everytime I PP'ed the target was 5 inches to the right of where the Delta indicated.

Second day out..Went to the lake to search camping areas. Started out with the Delta and all I was digging was pull tabs even though I notched everything under a dime out. PPing was still 5" to the right of coil. Swiched to ETP and as before started pulling dimes. 1 wheatie and a handful of quarters. The Delta also was beeping on pull tabs and showing nickle on the display even though I had everything under a dime notched out.

I just bought the Delta a few months ago but for the life of me I can not remember who I bought it from but I think Kellyco. I need some ideas what maybe going on with the Delta. thinking of swapping the coil from the ETP with the Delta one to see what happens.

OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh one other thing that is going on with my Delta is that when the detector is in my van riding in the back it is quiet except when I turn off the ignition, for some reason it turns on all by its self!

OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow posted this on 3 other sites and got several responses from each, can not believe nothing on this site. shocked!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detector turning on by itself could indicates a stuck button, or defective control unit. Might be a faulty failing component due to heat.

OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thought maybe my radar detector or GPS or dash cam was causing it. or a ghost

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thought maybe my radar detector or GPS or dash cam was causing it. or a ghost

While a radar detector emits internal spurious emissions they are not strong enough to induce a charge to be able to turn on an adjacent circuit except for RDDs, not a GPS, camera. Ghost could be the cause, or more likely a failed control unit.

topazguy

Greenie
Apr 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Omega 8000, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Delta has been a little beast in the field. I've run the 11 and 5 DD, along with the stock and it's never given me any trouble. I even run a backlight mod and still no problems. My guess is failed control box as well. If you bought it from Kellyco just get an RA and send back to Teknetics.

tek-billiot

Greenie
Feb 28, 2015
Biloxi, MS.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Bounty Hunter Tracker 4
White's Coinmaster 3000/d
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please tell me how to get the backlight mod..

topazguy

Greenie
Apr 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will post some pics soon with an explanation. The beauty of it is that it's an external power source and you don't mess with the internal wiring at all

tek-billiot

Greenie
Feb 28, 2015
Biloxi, MS.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Bounty Hunter Tracker 4
White's Coinmaster 3000/d
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great, thanx. I like to hunt in the evening, and my eyes aren't what they used to be.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sounds to go back --might have coil issues or control box issue..

topazguy

Greenie
Apr 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't want to hijack this thread so posted my backlight mod over in the Detector Modification section. I'll post more details there shortly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread