Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro withh 11" DD Coil
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega or Delta

I'm interested in both of these machines.
Would the Teknetics Omega be an easy to use for newbie. or go with the Delta be easier, less frustration. Both with the 11" DD coil
I have a chance to get Omega for $500 but no room for extras. I could get Delta with extras for slightly more than $550
Please help me decide. I have no experience, looking for help from you guys and gals.
Thanks, Brian

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
I personally don't think you would have trouble with the Omega. You may have to run the sensitivity lower at first. Another option is the Eurotek Pro. It is cheaper than the Delta and would be my choice of the 2. Look at big boys hobbies and check on bundle packages. You might also check with metal detecting clubs and forums in your part of the country to see what works there. Good luck ! This is a great hobby.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id go for the omega between the two. You can always buy extras later if you want them while keeping the detector itself constant.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would agree with the others, out of the two go for the Omega especially for $500. Worst case, you can easily turn around and sell it for a slight profit or no loss in $$. The Omega is very easy to operate and you will get used to it in no time after a few hunts. Plenty of info on either in this forum though that will get you on your way with whichever you choose.

-TwoYewts

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a newbie? Delta. I still use ours sometimes. If I just want to run and gun, the delta gets the front seat. It gives up 15-20% of my gamma,'s depth and you can't change tones, but a real noob probably won't miss those. For the money I'd buy a delta and a pointer.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Gamma 6000 latest version, Delta 4000 latest version, and had the Omega version 5. I air tested all these machines by interchanging coils, at full gain (Delta 12, Gamma 99, Omega 99) they are practically equal in air test depth, speed, the Omega and Gamma maybe a tad deeper by about 1.5" inches at 99 gain but it gets really noisy at these gains.All the Greeks series as they are called will air test 11-12" on a coin! If you have soil that varies in mineralization i would take the Gamma or Omega, if your soil is very mild throughout the state just get the Delta. Look in the used classifieds, and dealer classifieds, ive seen Omegas go for $350 and Gammas $300, you wont go wrong with these machines.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in both of these machines.
Would the Teknetics Omega be an easy to use for newbie. or go with the Delta be easier, less frustration. Both with the 11" DD coil
I have a chance to get Omega for $500 but no room for extras. I could get Delta with extras for slightly more than $550
Please help me decide. I have no experience, looking for help from you guys and gals.
Thanks, Brian

Omega for sure. Even if you need to reduce sensitivity on the Omega due to emi, the depth is still very good at lower settings. I was running my Omega (version 4) 100 to 200 yards away from a small airport recently, & could run sens well into the 70's with very little chatter. I am glad I did not let the EMI stories scare me away. I love my Omega!

beano52

Mar 21, 2015
STL MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000 Eurotek Pro Tesoro Vaquero Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my 8" coil quite often on my Omega to be honest. If I am in an extremely trashy area with several targets, the 8" works great!

Coil favorites in order (dependent on location obviously):

1. NEL 9.5 x 5.5 Sharpshooter
  2. 11" DD
  3. 8" concentric
  4. 10" elliptical concentric

Just FYI and opinions vary lol.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I have(removed by mod for rules violation, non Charter member selling) Thanks, Ron

Rocenda, your required to be a charter member to sell here...

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would consider the Gamma for a new user. Less screen ground info to deal with while learning, and the Delta has no ground balance, something you may desire soon. It's simple and powerful and not going to be outgrown anytime soon. Will find the coins, jewelry, artifacts that the Omega finds. The Omega's advantage other than ground display is the gain to seek tinier gold than the Gamma.

Is the Omega new? Used Omegas go for less. I saw one just sell for $350. Big Boys had one like new for $399.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega also has freq. shift, which comes in handy more than one would think.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions