Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's about average price. The stock elliptical concentric ran the smoothest on the 2 Omegas I have tried.

OP
OP
B

Brian NH

Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro withh 11" DD Coil
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's about average price. The stock elliptical concentric ran the smoothest on the 2 Omegas I have tried.
What do you think average price for used Omega?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen them go for $300 with one coil to $450 with both coils. I had a version 4 and then a 6 and could not tell much difference between the two. The 11" Biaxial coil was too very sensitive to EMI for my taste.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd stay away from it if you are hunting anywhere close to anything electrical. Like a whole city!

lostbaja

Apr 14, 2014
Decatur, AL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax + Tesoro Bandido II uMax + Tesoro Vaquero + Tesoro Deleon + BH Tracker IV housed in a Pop Tart box
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive got a version 4 and don't have much trouble with EMI. Most of the "problems" that people have are due to running the sens wide open. If you do that, well yeah, it's gonna chatter. But even then the chatter goes away when you are USING the detector. Watch the videos, you'll see what I mean. For what it's worth, it's a pretty hot unit, and anything over about 65 Sens will get great depth and very little or no chatter. Mine chatters under powerlines, but so does my old Tesoro Bandido 2...and most any other detector.

I have the 11" Biaxial, stock 10" concentric, the little 5" DD and the 5x10" DD white coil. The 5x10 is the best of both worlds. If you are afraid of EMI issues, get either coil except the Biaxial and you will be fine.

I paid $400 for mine several months ago with the concentric coil. It's a little more than some have paid, but I got the box and all and it was like new. I have been very impressed with mine, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the omega for a couple years now and live in the city of Huntington Beach California and have no emi issues. One or two places out of the dozens I hunt can get a little chatty with sensitivity above 75 +/- but these places have underground transformers or high voltage overhead lines on towers. I bought a used T2 SE and it gets all my attention now as it is just a superior machine, especially depth wise. I don't understand why some have so many issues with emi unless they are nonstop running the sensitivity at 99.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran sens at 50-70% and had issues with 2 different machines. A version 4 and 6. It still seemed to get good depth even at 60-70% and I finally figured out after much research that that's just the nature of the Omega. A lot of people say "learn to hunt into the noise" much like the older T2 and F-75's

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a deal on an omega, 2 months old Software version 4 and with 10" Elliptical coil. $370 shipped.
Is this a good deal? How is stock coil?

I had both the Omega and Gamma at the same time. The Gamma ran much quieter. I took the 8 inch concentric coil off of the Gamma and put it on the Omega and it ran just as quiet. The 10 inch elliptical coil is noisy but the 11 inch DD coil is nosier. The quietest is the NEL Sharpshooter coil. I've had both versions 4 and 5. I'm able to turn down the sensitivity down on the version 5, still hear the high tone and there's no significant loss of depth. I'm talking about a sensitivity setting as low as 60. The gain and sensitivity are on one knob and when I turned down the sensitivity on my version 4 to control the EMI I couldn't hear the high tone all that well. I like my version 5 much better, because they changed something to make it better. What? I don't know.:dontknow:

tabman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if anyone has used the NEL Hunter coil on an Omega. It is 1 1/2" longer than the 11" DD. I've heard better stability and depth with NELs and my Sharpshooter seems made with higher quality than my stock coils for an F2. The F2 is already stable and doesn't get any better depth with the SS, but the F2 doesn't have the parameters of the Omega.

The NEL Hunter coil on the Omega would be the real test to see if NELs advertising of better stability and depth is true.

beano52

Mar 21, 2015
STL MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000 Eurotek Pro Tesoro Vaquero Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if anyone has used the NEL Hunter coil on an Omega. It is 1 1/2" longer than the 11" DD. I've heard better stability and depth with NELs and my Sharpshooter seems made with higher quality than my stock coils for an F2. The F2 is already stable and doesn't get any better depth with the SS, but the F2 doesn't have the parameters of the Omega.

The NEL Hunter coil on the Omega would be the real test to see if NELs advertising of better stability and depth is true.

I'd be interested in this also. It seems that the "goto" combo is the Omega with the NEL Sharpshooter. That's the combo I use and love it.

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Gamma with a sharpshooter now. It definitely changed that machine. I'm still pretty green with it, so I have a lot of work to do yet, but it seems to fit my sites and styles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread