Gamma 6000 Coil Upgrade

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had a f-5 a few years back and good machine until you got near power lines and forget it after that........had to run sens really low to be stable but open field and away from electrical pretty good machine.........you can usually find a good used one for right around $350.00 sometimes a little less the man that knows that machine best is on findsforum is Mike Hillis he could probably tell you anything you wanted to know about it

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old thread but for future viewers my 2 cents,the factory 10"x5" is the best coil so far.
Mine came with 8" concentric and I bought the Nel sharp shooter.
Thought that was as good as it gets,but the chance for a new 10x5 came my way,to me its better in every way.
Put an aftermarket decal on it if needed to pacify yourself.
"Coin Mangnet Neomag/1.0

Gave the sharpshooter another chance,I like it.
I can run it hotter and not get emi chatter like my other coils.

Jeffsh

Greenie
Dec 28, 2014
Sacramento, califor
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, XLt, Mxt, GM3 garrett Ace 250 and 350, Fisher F2,f5, Gold bug 2, Minela Sovereign, exploxer ii, Excalibur experience. I use the Fisher F5 and F2.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look into the new cpils, really good in the trash, great depth, and accurate

Jeffsh

Greenie
Dec 28, 2014
Sacramento, califor
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, XLt, Mxt, GM3 garrett Ace 250 and 350, Fisher F2,f5, Gold bug 2, Minela Sovereign, exploxer ii, Excalibur experience. I use the Fisher F5 and F2.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look into the new cpils, really good in the trash, great depth, and accurate. I use it on my f5 and g2. Better than those stock coils.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been reading on another forum in the Teknetics section about a company called MARS that manufactures coils. Unfortunately right now, they are only available overseas. The guys that use them really like them and compare them to the NEL coils. I checked with a vendor in the U.K. and as suspected, the shipping would make the total price outrageous. I believe that they sell over there for the same price that the NEL coils sell for over here. Hopefully, a vendor in the U.S. will start selling them. I know that the build quality of my NEL Sharpshooter is spot-on.
The MARS coils are just as good if not better as told by the guys across the pond that use them.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been reading on another forum in the Teknetics section about a company called MARS that make coils. Unfortunately right now, they are only available overseas. The guys that use them really like them and compare them to the NEL coils. I checked with a vendor in the U.K. and as suspected, the shipping would make the total price outrageous. I believe that they sell over there for the same price that the NEL coils sell for over here. Hopefully, a vendor in the U.S. will start selling them. I know that the build quality of my NEL Sharpshooter is spot-on.
The MARS coils are just as good if not better as told by the guys across the pond that use them.

FYI... Kellyco will be the exclusive distributor of MARS coils in the US, coils will be available in the coming months...

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FYI... Kellyco will be the exclusive distributor of MARS coils in the US, coils will be available in the coming months...

That is very good news:icon_thumleft: Thank you for the heads-up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread