Eurotek Pro, first day....

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got a couple of hours to myself to try out the new machine!
After years of putzing around with an old White's machine, it was quite an eye-opener. Tried it out in the back yard....where before the targets were few and far between, the EP spoke to me constantly...apparently the yard is quite trashy! (To be expected....being in the country, I would expect .22 shells, nuts and bolts, bottle caps, etc.).
After using for a bit on 0 discrimination and digging everything, I put the volume up to 10 so that the iron targets rang low, discrimination up to 30, and started picking and choosing my targets. That's when I started hitting coins, just pennies so far, but clear and solid in the 71-81 range, about 4" down. (It's not an old place, so pennies from the 60's is about what i would expect, and was not disappointed).
Also went to an old beachfront that's no longer used, but had little success there....rifle and shotgun shells, and of course beer cans.
All in all I'm pretty pleased...unit is light as a feather, but as noted by other users it's really LOUD. Have to try headphones, I guess.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What coil were you using? The concentric (round) or did you get the Double D?

OP
OP
dogteam

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What coil were you using? The concentric (round) or did you get the Double D?

Just the 8" Conc. It's plenty for my needs. Pinpointing seems very accurate, but I can see I'll need a separate pinponter....my legs and back will thank me, I'm sure....

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My ETP is my first choice out of 4 detectors I have. Love it for coin shooting. I usually turn my volume way down to 2 because I dis-like headphones. Only wish you can turn down the pin point volume. Last time out I started with my Technetics Delta 4000 at a high school football/track field but all I was finding was dimes and below, switched to the ETP and all of a sudden was finding quarters left and right some as deep as 8"! Love the ETP!!

OP
OP
dogteam

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ETP is my first choice out of 4 detectors I have. Love it for coin shooting. I usually turn my volume way down to 2 because I dis-like headphones. Only wish you can turn down the pin point volume. Last time out I started with my Technetics Delta 4000 at a high school football/track field but all I was finding was dimes and below, switched to the ETP and all of a sudden was finding quarters left and right some as deep as 8"! Love the ETP!!

Yep, seems to be a good choice. Forgot to mention, it rang out loud and clear on a 1/8" shotgun pellet at about 3" (hence the need for the pinpointer...had a heck of a time trying to figure out what was setting it off!)

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, seems to be a good choice. Forgot to mention, it rang out loud and clear on a 1/8" shotgun pellet at about 3" (hence the need for the pinpointer...had a heck of a time trying to figure out what was setting it off!)

That IS very impressive! That is as good as the Compadre! Plus way more usable features.

JunkLover

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have an ETP and it's my first and currently only detector. Mine's not accessorized - it's just what I got in the original box, but it sure is sensitive. Sometimes it's a little too sensitive, like when it screams in my ears over a little shred of foil four inches in the ground. The sensitivity can be good and bad; it picks up every little thing, but that also means it picks up every little bloody thing.

And yes, this little machine makes a lot of noise. I don't mind the beeps when I wear headphones, but when I hear it out loud, it drives me nuts... and my neighbors too, I'm sure.

The only issue I've noticed with the Eurotek Pro is its depth detection isn't so hot. I've had it tell me something is 3-4 inches in the ground when it was on the surface or just below the surface. Other times, I've had it tell me something was near the surface of maybe 2 inches down when it was noticeably deeper. Since most deep targets I've found with it give really jumpy signals, I assume they're junk and stick to digging the more shallow ones. When I do, I just dig a deep plug and pick away at the hole or the plug from there because this machine cannot measure worth a crap (in my experience).

But aside from that, I really do like mine.

OP
OP
dogteam

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dug my first silver yesterday, Canadian dimes, both in the same hole, 1942 and 1952, about 9 inches down. Modest find but I'm pretty pleased.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on finding your first silver. :thumbsup: You will remember where you dug it up forever.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dug my first silver yesterday, Canadian dimes, both in the same hole, 1942 and 1952, about 9 inches down. Modest find but I'm pretty pleased.

Sweet! Silver is silver. The only silver coin I have dug is a 1964 franc. I was stoked to find it tho!

OP
OP
dogteam

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm especially pleased because it didn't take me a lot of digging. ;)
At my age, digging in the heat and the skeeters gets old real quick, so I'm only looking at certain signals (though I'm sure that i may be passing up good stuff).
The dimes came to me on an old farm site, and in the second (and last) hole that i dug. First was an old steel cap off a kerosene tin the rang in the 80's but was kind of buzzy, was curious to see what it was. The dimes rang a bit higher, 86 or so, but cleaner and more solid hit, sounded deeper (and was). After finding the first one at about 6", I scanned the hole again and to my surprise the signal hadn't changed much...if anything it was stronger! Another few inches, and the second dime popped out.
I find I am pretty confident on recognizing a penny signal now, and they are easy. The things that fool me are generally brass....lots of 22 shells, 30-30 shells, shotgun hulls....
The only thing that worries me is the other day my Eurotek went nuts and wouldn't function...beeping constantly, readings all over the map. Restarting it didn't help. Of course, by the time I got home, it was working again...put it down and dug a penny within 2 steps. Hopefully a one time thing? Let's hope so.

OP
OP
dogteam

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and I got one of those HF pinpointers. It's pretty handy and works alright, only thing is it's a pig on batteries, and when the charge gets low it gives false signals. But for the price I can't complain. It helped me find that second dime.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and I got one of those HF pinpointers. It's pretty handy and works alright, only thing is it's a pig on batteries, and when the charge gets low it gives false signals. But for the price I can't complain. It helped me find that second dime.

I have 2 HF pinpointers, they work very well. However they can be tempermental (especially on hot days) & the battery connector is weak. I'm gonna modify my battery contacts so they fit tighter on the battery.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up a pair of comfortable Garrett Clear Sound/Easy Stow Headphones for my Eurotek Pro and they worked better than the others I tried (Koss, earplugs etc.) Plus their low cost is awesome.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a pair of comfortable Garrett Clear Sound/Easy Stow Headphones for my Eurotek Pro and they worked better than the others I tried (Koss, earplugs etc.) Plus their low cost is awesome.

I have the same headphones! They work quite well. I was very impressed for the money spent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread